in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-17-2009 9:59 AM by XavierItzmann. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-19-2008 12:25 PM

Beotalk 1200 silent answer

Hi folks, I just bought a Beotalk 1200. The seller advertised it as having a "silent answer" feature which answers before the phone rings. This would be perfect as I sometimes work night shift and don't want to be woken up by the phone during the day. After reading the manual, all I can find about that is turning off the 1200's speaker or reducing the number of rings (2 minium or 5 seconds)before it answers. Anyone familar with this? Bill
  • 11-20-2008 2:11 PM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beotalk 1200 silent answer

If I remember correctly: If you push the same button you use to set the number of rings (the button with the bell on it); but now push it twice; the screen will show:

OOOOOOOOOOOO (flashing) 

This sets silent answering.

Push it once more to turn it off.

Good luck,

Bieele 

Heej zuij der alles veur gaeve En heej zaet ze mogen ut hebbe van meej
  • 12-01-2008 12:32 PM In reply to

I would like to activate the Silent Answer feature. The "English" User Guide explaines how to do this but the "English - US" makes no mention of it. Was this feature deactivated for the US version? If so how can I get it to work?
  • 03-17-2009 7:55 AM In reply to

OK, the way it works is; the US phone system will not allow the silent answer feature to work right. Therefor, the feature was eleminated from the US model. I am using a UK model now with the feature. I just had to change the power supply brick to a US 110 volt model. The answer machine now answers after one ring as opposed to after the third ring (minimum) with the US model. The US phone system begins an incoming call signal with a ring. Outside the US, a call signal does not start with a ring, allowing the answer machine to answer before the first ring signal arrives. Bill

• 03-17-2009 9:59 AM In reply to

Wow, interesting research!

We have a BT 1200 and had never looked into this.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)