in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-16-2009 6:52 AM by Burnix. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-14-2009 7:57 PM

Beocom1

I bought a Beocom1 system with three handsets. One hour after registering all three the system failed inasmuch as there was no dialtone. After checking everything, I disconnected the power to the base , waited two seconds, reconnected and registered one of the handsets. The dialtone returned but only for 5-10 minutes. This happened many times.

Then I read, on this forum, how to reset the handset with 9#9#9*HOLD. I then re-registered that one handset and voila! I've had a dialtone for about  one hour. The other two handsets are fine.

I reset the other handsets. After about 2 hours the problem re-ocurred. There is no dial tone. The only way to get a dial tone is to disconnect the base for two seconds and re-register the handsets. 

Defective base?

Filed under:
  • 06-15-2009 4:08 AM In reply to

• Molotow
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Herning
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beocom1

This sounds very strange, I have never heard this before(I'm sure some of the other BeoWorlders have).

I guess that you have testet it on another signal output?

If that doesn't help I would take it back to the dealer, and get a new setup.

• 06-15-2009 4:30 PM In reply to

Software update should help.

• 06-16-2009 6:52 AM In reply to

• Burnix
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-10-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

This indeed sounds very strange.. so just to understand you correct - When you press the hook key you get no dial tone? This raises a lot of questions in order to investigate your problem:

1. Was there any error messages in the display?
    2. What if you (while you expect the dial tone) try using a different (corded) phone?
    2a. Do you then get a dial tone in that phone?
    2b. And does that give you a dial tone in the Beocom 1 handset?
    3. What does the other handsets write in the display when you wait for dial tone in the first handset?

Br,
    Burnix

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)