in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-05-2008 3:46 AM by jcl. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-28-2008 4:49 PM

• cwf
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-28-2008
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Beolink 1000 Remote Control screws?!

Hi there,

Does anyone know what screws I need to replace the missing ones in the back of my Beolink 1000 remote control?  The last perishing one has left me and I want to replace them as soon as possible.  It  seems that there are 6 main ones and possible 4 smaller ones at each corner.

Thanks in advance!

• 02-28-2008 5:02 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: Beolink 1000 Remote Control screws?!

Hi CWF and welcome to BeoworldBig Smile

Are we talking about the rubber feet or the screws that hold it together?

Poor me, never win owt!

• 02-28-2008 5:07 PM In reply to

• cwf
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-28-2008
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Oooh, I guess it's the screws. I just removed the lid of the battery compartment to find there are a further two holes which I hope would be the same size as the other missing six. 

Cheers 

• 02-28-2008 5:13 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

There are 8 screws, all the same size, two of which are in the battery compartment. Sorry, I have no idea what the part number is.
    There are four rubber feet, one on each corner. incidently, I think these are the cheapest item B&O sells 20p each!
    Part number is 3103328 still available from your dealer.
    Hope this helps.
    If you just want a couple of screws, I could let you have a couple.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 02-28-2008 5:14 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

For some reason I seem to remember someone saying that the screws that hold casette tapes together are the same size. If you have an old cassette tape it would be worth a try.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 02-28-2008 5:35 PM In reply to

• cwf
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-28-2008
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

I appreciate that- I suppose if I have only one in my hot little hands then I could probably match them as I suppose/hope they are not product/brand specific....!
  • 02-28-2008 5:37 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

I can't understand what was holding it together, with all those screws missing???
    Interesting what Craig said about using screws from a cassette, must verify that.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 02-28-2008 5:48 PM In reply to

• cwf
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-28-2008
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Craig was right! I just sacrificed Lionel Richie's Can't Slow Down for the cause (5 out of 8 screws replaced).  Thank you to you both for the generosity.  The remote was being held together only by a piece of blue electrical tape which, when removed, left a sticky mess.

This next paragraph is not necessary but I will add for background noise.  Please ignore if it reads as boring...

Right!  The cassette in question came from my recently written-off 82 BMW 728i which was hit in transit in London a month ago.  The driver refused to stop and when I caught up with him (the damage was really superficial) refused to acknowledge his role.  The end result is that I was forced(!) to buy a 1975 Ford Cortina 1300.  I love my car and my B &O products!  Thanks for the help again.

• 02-28-2008 6:02 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

CWF Brilliant post!
    Great to know the cassette screws fitYes -  thumbs up
    Isopropanol will get rid of the sticky stuff (chemist)
    1975, guess that's N reg mk 3 Cortina, grossly underpowered for that weight of a car. You can prise a transit engine into it though.
    On Wednesdays, we run a thread which covers all subjects, not neccesarily B&O related. Be great to hear from you. You'll spot the thread, it always contains the word Wednesday©.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 02-28-2008 10:08 PM In reply to

cwf:

Right!  The cassette in question came from my recently written-off 82 BMW 728i which was hit in transit in London a month ago.

I had one of those, 1984 model, five years ago! Never thought of using parts of it to repair my audio equipment, though Laughing

-mika

• 02-29-2008 12:22 AM In reply to

• camshaft
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Pennsylvania, USA
    • Posts 575
    • Founder

Jandyt:
    I can't understand what was holding it together, with all those screws missing???

B&O Passion.

It's accomplished far greater things, to which a remote is but nothing...

-Austin (resident audiophile skeptic)
  • 02-29-2008 2:06 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Craig:

For some reason I seem to remember someone saying that the screws that hold casette tapes together are the same size. If you have an old cassette tape it would be worth a try.

CraigSmile

I'm not too proud to hold my hands up and say it was little old ME who discovered this one.Smile Not all of them do though as some are a little small for MK3 BL1000's as these seem to use slightly bigger screws.

@ Andy, I've repaired dozens of these and you'd be amazed at how many you have to prise apart after removing the screws due to being held together with all manner of gunk. Orange juice seems to be favourite followed by sweet coffee and in some cases a 3 course meal of junk food which has manage to get stuffed in there somehowIck! No wonder they were sold as non-working.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 02-29-2008 1:30 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Medogsfat:
    Craig:

CraigSmile

I'm not too proud to hold my hands up and say it was little old ME who discovered this one.Smile Not all of them do though as some are a little small for MK3 BL1000's as these seem to use slightly bigger screws.

@ Andy, I've repaired dozens of these and you'd be amazed at how many you have to prise apart after removing the screws due to being held together with all manner of gunk. Orange juice seems to be favourite followed by sweet coffee and in some cases a 3 course meal of junk food which has manage to get stuffed in there somehowIck! No wonder they were sold as non-working.

Chris.

I knew I had a read it somewhere, thanks Chris for owning up to this.LaughingLaughingLaughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-04-2008 6:07 AM In reply to

I tried getting the rubber feet.  My local dealer said they were not available but offered to replace my Beolink 1000 remotes at £108 each!!

Any idea where I can get some (online perhaps)

Thanks

• 04-04-2008 6:39 AM In reply to

The screws from the earlier BL1000 have a finer pitch than those of the later ones ... has caught me out a few times ... not sure I understand the reason for the change!

Neil

• 04-04-2008 2:00 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

infoselect:

I tried getting the rubber feet.  My local dealer said they were not available but offered to replace my Beolink 1000 remotes at £108 each!!

Any idea where I can get some (online perhaps)

Thanks

I can confirm that the rubber feet are still available. I got some last month. The part number is 3103328. I think they are the lowest priced item that B&O sell. (unless you know different!)
    If you have no joy with your dealer, I have a couple you can have for nowt. PM me if you are interesred.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-04-2008 3:19 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Sinclair Young the Basingstoke dealer are normally good for this type of stuff. You can find them on the dealer list on the main site.

It seems the dealer you spoke to is just trying to flog you replacement remotes.

BTW, welcome to Beoworld and thank you for supporting us with your GOLD membership. Best of luck in the next prize draw.Smile

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 04-04-2008 4:12 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Yes welcome!. It took you nearly a year to pluck up courage to post but you'll be on every night before long!Wink

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-05-2008 3:46 AM In reply to

• jcl
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-04-2008
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

just a thought if you are interested

i keep my b&o remotes and all other remotes in small clear plastic bags with a little sellotape on the back of the remote to keep the plastic  tight.

the remotes still work fine and they are as new as the day i bought them obviously you have to change the plastic when you change the batteries

regards

jcl

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)