in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-03-2009 8:44 PM by Stan. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-02-2009 5:10 PM

N.music - N.radio - beoport

Hi,

I'm little bit confused with this ....

I have BC1 and it is N.music ready, so I read all about beoport and installation to the system ... and I'm still confused...

can anyone explain me how it's work, how to connect beoport and what is main advantage and disadvantage ?

And which is better solution for digital music: beoport or iPod with dock ?

Thanks

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 03-02-2009 5:40 PM In reply to

Re: N.music - N.radio - beoport

I have a BS3000 and BeoPort and no other sources, so it is a simple case.  I just ran a Master Link cable from one device in the studio to the other one in the main hall.  Plugged the BeoPort into my Mac via USB, installed the bit of software required on the Mac to understand the BeoPort, plugged the BeoPort into the power source, walked back to the BS3000, hit N.MUSIC on the Beo4, and it worked.

No settings to mess with, just automagically works.  That's the right way.

With BS 3000 in standby, hit N.MUSIC and whatever the last song on the computer was, starts to play again from the beginning.  Depress the any of the 4 TEXT color buttons (red, green, blue, yellow)  and you get a display of SONG, ARTIST, PLAYLIST, and ALBUM on the (tiny) BS 3000 display.  Hit the up arrow and go to the next song.  Hit the down arrow, go to to the start of the song or previous song.

The rewind and forward arrows do not really work on my system.  If you hold them, you are supposed to forward as usual.  Not here!  It goes to the next SONG, ARTIST, PLAYLIST or ALBUM. [:'(]

BeoPort brings my system into the 21st century.  Without it, I would probably have moved to another brand and B&O would have been just a good memory, an iconic (but utterly obsolete) CD player ornament hung in the wall like you might hang the picture of a dead friend.

iPod with dock... Would have to hide in the studio as it does not match the looks of anything in the house and no remote is a killer.

• 03-02-2009 5:50 PM In reply to

My system is:

BC1 - ML to converter 1611 - data link to BS2300

so I dont have ML to connect beoport. Can I connect BP to SCART on BC1 ?

Or do you have some ideas ?

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 03-02-2009 6:19 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

No Nicola, there is no scart on the Beoport.
    Masterlink cable can be split multiple times with various different connecters, splicing or junction boxes.
    Some people have one Masterlink cable running from the roof to the basement and just take spurs off it to which ever room they need.
    As far as I am aware, you will never get NMusic or NRadio through the converter to your 2300.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 03-02-2009 6:26 PM In reply to

But I can get from BC1 I think. My BC1 is a master....

• 03-02-2009 6:30 PM In reply to

Connect BC1 to Master Link Distributor 3634001 6-way socket expansion box.

Connect Converter 1611 to ML Distributor.

Connect BeoPort to ML Distributor.

As to whether the BeoCenter 2300 will ever be able to pull N.MUSIC from BeoPort, my dealer said yes and quoted the converter box to me in writing together with the BeoPort, but I decided instead to replace my old and beloved 2300 with a BS 3000.

The BC1, if in fact is N.RADIO enabled, should be able to pull N.MUSIC from BeoPort via Master Link as outlined above.

ML Distributor

• 03-02-2009 6:53 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

...or a simple connector if space is limited.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 03-02-2009 7:38 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Nicola;

I would suggest the multiple M-L connector box first, using  B&O pre-made M-L cables.

That may take care of your situation alone, and is the easy solution.

If you are going to expand your system from that point, go through a lot of walls and floor levels, then the simple connection box and tool that Jandy has added might be a consideration.

Be advised that this " simple connection " isn't that simple: If one of the very small connection wires is broken, or misconnected it can create problems. This can be speaker static and pop-outs at the best, to nothing at all in the worst case.

I made 10 sets of such connection cables one day, and it took ALL DAY, patience, and a fly-fishing magnifying lense to finally get everything corrected and working properly. It was quite a learning experience, and I now have a much greater respect for the B&O A/V system installers world-wide.

• 03-03-2009 4:34 AM In reply to

When using BS9000 with BeoPort will N-Music title etc also be displayed?

• 03-03-2009 6:43 AM In reply to

avus17:

The Beosound 9000 does not display the N-Music titles, just the word N.MUSIC

Regards Keith....

• 03-03-2009 4:44 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Keith Saunders:

avus17:

The Beosound 9000 does not display the N-Music titles, just the word N.MUSIC

If you use BM-Link on an Apple computer, the title, artist, genre and playlist can be displayed.  With BeoPlayer and Windows, as Keith says.

Stan

• 03-03-2009 6:23 PM In reply to

Stan:

If you use BM-Link on an Apple computer, the title, artist, genre and playlist can be displayed.  With BeoPlayer and Windows, as Keith says.

Interesting.  As I am quite accustomed to the display of title, artist, genre and playlist on my BS 3000 via BeoPort and Anders Ödlund's wonderful BM-Link software for Macintosh, it did not occur to me that perhaps the BeoPlayer software for Windows might have less functionality on a BS 9000

Do you know if the same limitation that exists in BS 9000 exists also in BS 3000 with regard to BeoPlayer?

• 03-03-2009 8:44 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

I'm quite sure that BeoPlayer doesn't provide a display capability... at least it did not provide this a few years ago when I used it - before BM-Link came along.  It is not a BS 9000 vs 3000 issue.  It is BeoPlayer vs. BM-Link.  On the other hand, with BeoPlayer, you can play link sources through your BeoPort (i.e. listen to the BS 9000's radio or CD).  After moving to Apple, I had to buy a BeoLink Active to get this capability.  You win some, you lose some.

Stan

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)