in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-21-2009 2:51 PM by KibitoCH. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-21-2009 1:46 PM

• Baloo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-21-2009
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Home cinema in adjacent room from BV7-40 mk. III

Hi

First of all thanks for many hours of entertainment from this forum.

I have a BV7-40 mk. III in the living room, with satellite receiver, Blu-ray and PS3 connected via HDMI from the bedroom.

Somewhere else in the house I have a home cinema, the center of this being a Denon AVR2808 (no sources except the ones coming from BV7).

I'm having trouble getting a signal from BV7's DVI(HDMI) to the receiver. The signal is just fine when I plug the cable directly from BV7 to the projector, but the AV-receiver must be less sensitive - the HDMI logo flashes, but I never get any picture. It's a 12 metre (36+ feet) Supra cable. The DVI-HDMI adapter looks very cheap, even though I ordered it together with the TV (authorised BnO dealer).

-Any recommendations re. better adapter vs. booster (the cable is the best possible quality, so not an option to change that)?

How do I get the audio signal from BV7 to av-receiver, only possible via powerlink?

Thanks in advance.

• 02-21-2009 2:46 PM In reply to

• KibitoCH
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-19-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 82
    • Bronze Member

Re: Home cinema in adjacent room from BV7-40 mk. III

the problem might be elsewhere. The Repeaters wich were introduced later after the hdcp receivers and sources are often not recognized by old sources.

sorry my english isent too well trying my best here Big Smile

with source i mean things like a playstation 3, a blu ray player...

the receiver is the tv for example plasmas, lcd's..

later the repeaters came. these products that take the signal, boost's it and give it to something else like av receivers or a beosystem 3.

if the ps3 for example doesen't understand a repeater, it won't handshake the copy protection with it and you got no picture..

hope that makes some sense

• 02-21-2009 2:51 PM In reply to

• KibitoCH
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-19-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 82
    • Bronze Member

Re: Home cinema in adjacent room from BV7-40 mk. III

Oh and the second question:

Powerlink isn't a good idea to give an audio signal to a AV Receiver. Because it's not linear. Best thing whould be a Scart connection at the BV7, if you got one free of course Wink. And i belive not all Connections got Audio output enabled on them, you whould have to try it out.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)