in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-13-2009 10:29 AM by symmes. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-27-2008 1:54 AM

• mir
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-27-2008
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Beolab 3 noise

Hi every one,

I have jyst repalced my beolab 6000 with a set of beolab 3 speakers. My problem is that I suddenly experience noise when the speakers are on. I´m using a Kiss DVD player with a line output. The lenght of my powerlink cables are 10 meters. The switch on beolab 3 is in line position. The blue digital GND wire is allso teminated in the DVD player end.

I hope somebody might have an idea how to reduce the pink noise.

Regards Smile

• 03-27-2008 2:55 AM In reply to

• Yendys
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 100
    • Founder

Re: Beolab 3 noise

Welcome to the forum!

It could be down to the type of powerlink cable you are using.  Are you using the cables that came with the BL6000?

BL6000 came with Powerlink

BL3’s need to use a powerlink mark III which can be identified by a small triangle moulded into the black plastic covers on the plug ends.  There are noise issue if they are not used.

BV10, AvantDVD, BS3000, BL8000, BL6000, BL4000, BL3500, BeoPorts, BC9300, BC7002, CX100s, C75s, Beo4s, BC6000s, LC2s, A9, A8s,

• 03-27-2008 3:55 AM In reply to

Welcome to Beoworld, its good to have you on-board..

When you say you "Suddenly experience noise when the speakers are on" what kind of noise ?

• Is it a hum at low volume ?
    • A buzz all the time which can be heard over what you are playing ?
    • Or some other kind of noise ?

If you are getting hum at low volume Hum from loudspeaker which can often be caused by the Switch Mode Power Supply generating teh noise.

To reduce this noise it is important to use the original Power Link cables. You should use Power Link Mark III (with the triangle symbol on the plugs), or  fully mounted Power Link cables (cable with all pins connected)

There was also a shield introduced and the changing of two components because of mains noise from the bridge-rectifier which was reflected into the low frequency circuit

Unless you are a technical person with some knowledge in this area, you will most likely have to get a B&O dealer to resolve this latter issue if that is your problem.

Regards Keith....

• 03-27-2008 2:20 PM In reply to

• mir
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-27-2008
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Hi Keith,

Thank you very much  for the reply.

The noise I experience is pink noise (Like a FM radio not tuned in to any station) The noise is pressent whenever the speakers are on. And  I am using the Mark 3 cables.

I might try to make some test this evening and hopefully find a solution

• 03-27-2008 2:21 PM In reply to

• mir
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-27-2008
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

And allso thank you for the reply - please see reply to Keith for more information

Regards Michael

• 03-27-2008 2:43 PM In reply to

• Beogen
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Belgium
    • Posts 135
    • Bronze Member

Keith Saunders:

There was also a shield introduced and the changing of two components because of mains noise from the bridge-rectifier which was reflected into the low frequency circuit

Unless you are a technical person with some knowledge in this area, you will most likely have to get a B&O dealer to resolve this latter issue if that is your problem.

Hello Keith,

A couple of weeks ago you helped me out regarding a plasma LC2 issue, maybe you just helped me out in this matter.

I have something like a 50Hz hum at my rear BL3 speakers and I'm using mark III cables. I can only hear this when in 5.1 nothing is sent to the rear speakers or at very low volume, still it's annoying. I would like to change the components and install the shield but do you have the part numbers for it?

Thanks! 

• 03-27-2008 5:47 PM In reply to

• Dude1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-18-2007
    • London
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

To eliminate the noise one of the powerlink pins must be disconnected.  This is usually done by cutting one of the pins....i forget which one, but a call to your Bang service dept explaining the noise and them using the product config software will tell them which pin to disconnect.

This is a common issue with Lab 3's.

• 03-27-2008 5:59 PM In reply to

BL3 has a special Line cable with a RCA to PL plug this special PL plug has shortcut between pin 2 and 7. this short cut isn't in your old RCA to PL cable.

You can fix your problem by cutting you new PL cable, And connecting the blue wire to the screen of the brown and Green wire

• 02-12-2009 5:45 PM In reply to

• egypto
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-11-2009
    • Madrid
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

hello mir

did the problem get resolved?

It's happening the same to me.What's the solution?

• 02-13-2009 10:29 AM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

The only thing I have ever been able to solder is my hand. 

Part #6270856 is a 5m cable RCA->8 pin PL.  Proper cable for connecting Labs 3, 9, and 4000 to variable line output.  1 per box.  

Ray

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)