in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-01-2007 2:51 AM by Keith Saunders. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-31-2007 9:51 PM

Is Beocom 6000 2.4GHz?

Is someone able to tell me if Beocom 6000 and its bse station operating in the 2.4GHz range? I'm hving interference problems with my Airport Extreme base station and am wondering if there is a conflict. I also have Beolink Wireless. All are running along the same sight lines approximately. It is really annoyng not to be able to stream itunes to my BC2 from one end of the house to the other.

Thanks for any info that may help.

Patrick

Filed under:
  • 05-31-2007 11:10 PM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

Re: Is Beocom 6000 2.4GHz?

It is.  There may be options to change it to 1 of 9 channels though ours have never conflicted with anything.

Beolink Wireless and Airport would need to be working on different 2.4Ghz channels. Try channel 4 on one of them, 9 is the standard. Turn your Beocom 6000 off to see if it conflicts.  From memory its recommended to be 3 channels apart for multi 2.4Ghz enviornments, some devices use more than one channel as well.

Hope this may help with your problem.

Beoaus.

• 06-01-2007 12:32 AM In reply to

Thanks for the help I will give it a go

Patrick

• 06-01-2007 2:51 AM In reply to

Appending to the advice Beoaus has already provided you, BeoLink Wireless 1 is based upon the WLAN (Wireless local-area network) technology (but not using the IEEE standard for WLAN). This technology is using the 2.4 GHz band which is also used by many other wireless devices, for example WiFi, wireless LAN transmission, cordless telephones (DECT) and interestingly microwave ovens or at least cause problems at that frequency.

As Beoaus says it is important to have good channel seperation with your wifi, but even with this channel seperation if the units are physically near each other (ie the BeoCom 6000 PSTN and Wifi) you may still have problems.

Having said all that, how sure are you that these products are the cause of your problems. Have you switched off the wifi and DECT phone to see if you still have the problem ?

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)