in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-26-2010 3:19 PM by Damion Hankejh. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-25-2010 5:05 AM

BeoLab Penta 3 | Storage | temperature range

Greetings,

I have a pair of BeoLab Pent 3 active loudspeakers that are destined for a lakehouse in Lucerne.  Over winters, the house is very cold.

I have downloaded a manual (as I am not at home now), but cannot find any data on temperature limitations for storage. 

Can anyone point me to this info?

Kind regards,

Damion Hankejh

CTO, angel investor, philanthropist | ingk.com

BeoCenter 9500 & BeoLab Penta 3

• 08-25-2010 5:43 AM In reply to

Re: BeoLab Penta 3 | Storage | temperature range

They probably have no particular limitations. Commecial grade electronics in general (at component level) is usually specified down to -40C, but even that is no hard limit - just something the components have been statistically proven to survive. This however requires dry (non-condensing) conditions.

I have plenty of electronics that spend the winter at the unheated summer house (goes well below -20C every year) and have never seen any problems arising due to storage. I would be more worried if they were left in an unconditioned storage in tropical weather.

-mika

• 08-25-2010 9:23 AM In reply to

• Dennis
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-01-2009
    • Denmark
    • Posts 172
    • Gold Member

Here you can see, what a Beovision Avant was going thru of different tests. (Go to the website, select: "Old factory" and see the video: "Test of video products") If an Avant can go thru that, then I also think your Pentas can!

Best Regards

Loudspeaker

I was borned with a Beolink 1000 in my hand!

Ever seen a Beomaster 6001? I have one! Look here.

Main system: Beovision AV9000, Beocenter 2300, Beosystem 3500, Beolab Penta MKIII, Beolab 3000, Beogram 6500, Beolink 1000, Beolink 5000, Beolink 7000

Wish list: Beolab 2,

• 08-26-2010 3:17 PM In reply to

Thanks for your message Mika -- I thought they would be fine, I'm just a tad over protective of my first Pentas. You've helped me decide to move them to the North Woods ;)

• 08-26-2010 3:19 PM In reply to

Great* video -- had to see it twice -- thanks for the link Loudspeaker!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)