in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-31-2009 3:19 PM by Craig. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-29-2009 4:19 PM

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Problems with MS5000 stand.

Has anyone who has owned an MS5000 motorized stand. Had one that was not quite straight. Just set an MX5500 up on mine an it slopes to the left hand side. Checked it was sittitng on the plate correctly, which it was. Removed the plate from the stand, and checked that. No problems there. In the end I measured two points on each side of the main body of the stand. Cannot believe it but there is around 5mm difference. Can't see that a previous owner has managed to bend the stand as it is quite solid. What are the chances it has always been like this? Any ideas on how to straighten it out.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 01-30-2009 3:40 PM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

Re: Problems with MS5000 stand.

hi craig

i have a similar problem with an mx stand - was under an mx7000 but have taken o0ff the tv mount and am using the stand and motor with an ali adapter plate to sit an ouverture on it this appears tolean to the right when facing the front of the stand - have toyed with the idea of shimming the turntable on the lower side to 'jack'it up - however if the stand is a 4 piece job ie front xpiece, rect base tube, cylindrical upright and top rect tubemight be possible to put a washer or similar on the lower side i thionk it would be quite difficult to bend/straighten any of the box sections because of the substantial reinforcing inserts underneath - hope this is clear?

salut a finistere very calm and clear can almost see the us of a (in my dreams!)

t

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 01-30-2009 5:34 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Craig:

Has anyone who has owned an MS5000 motorized stand. Had one that was not quite straight. Just set an MX5500 up on mine an it slopes to the left hand side. Checked it was sittitng on the plate correctly, which it was. Removed the plate from the stand, and checked that. No problems there. In the end I measured two points on each side of the main body of the stand. Cannot believe it but there is around 5mm difference. Can't see that a previous owner has managed to bend the stand as it is quite solid. What are the chances it has always been like this? Any ideas on how to straighten it out.

CraigSmile

Have you thought of getting the builders in to relay your floor so it sits straight Craig?Stick out tongue

If you find that your seating position is now at an angle simply put some beer mats under the right hand side legs of your chairs - problem solved.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 01-30-2009 7:16 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

stotty1111:

hi craig

i have a similar problem with an mx stand - was under an mx7000 but have taken o0ff the tv mount and am using the stand and motor with an ali adapter plate to sit an ouverture on it this appears tolean to the right when facing the front of the stand - have toyed with the idea of shimming the turntable on the lower side to 'jack'it up - however if the stand is a 4 piece job ie front xpiece, rect base tube, cylindrical upright and top rect tubemight be possible to put a washer or similar on the lower side i thionk it would be quite difficult to bend/straighten any of the box sections because of the substantial reinforcing inserts underneath - hope this is clear?

salut a finistere very calm and clear can almost see the us of a (in my dreams!)

t

Thanks Tony, it must be a case of great minds thinking alike. Today I brought home a selection of M5 bolts and washers from work. So I can have a play with it over the weekend. Worst part of all is, I only noticed it after I had listed the whole lot on Ebay.Super AngryLaughingLaughing If this does not work I wil offer the relaying service to the winning bidder. Thanks Chris.LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 01-31-2009 4:41 AM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

I know its an obvious thought but is there a misalignment of the front bar with the lower box section ie top edges lying flush with each other , or possibly one of the front feet buttons missing if the latter, i have turned some up in black nylon, slightly smaller in diam than the originals but they do work ok i can mail you 2 but will take about 5-6 days from frogland!

salut

t

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 01-31-2009 12:21 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Thinking about this Craig, if there is a differnce of 5mm then it means it is only off level by 2.5mm on the "bent" side so I can imagine it would be possible that the stand has become bent to that degree. If it had a wider MS5500 sat on it then someone leaning on one side of it could well have managed to do this.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 01-31-2009 3:12 PM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

Rather than relay the floors etc the French do a range of stonkin great jacks - may be easier to jack up the low side of the house!

T

• 01-31-2009 3:19 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Been out all day colecting a faulty LX2502, so I have not had a chance to mess with it as yet. In reply tp you post Tony, the feet are in place and I have tried adjusting the bar at the front. This I thought may have been the problem as I removed it to respray the stand. With it fully adjusted I am left with the 5mm difference. It's was about 7-8mm before.

CraigSmile

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)