in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-01-2009 3:02 AM by Mico. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-31-2009 1:15 PM

• Mico
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-06-2007
    • Finland
    • Posts 136
    • Founder

ML/MCL Converter + Beosound 9000 problem

Hi,

I am in process to replace my MCL audio master with a ML audio master. I have a multi room MCL setup working perfectly with a BS6500. I've understood that you only need to have a ML/MCL Converter and hook it with a ML cable to the BS. The MCL cables are put to the relevant L/R connections in the converter. I powered the system up, programmed the BS9000 to Option 2 but the link system is not working.

Symptoms: IR Tranceivers have only TIMER lighted, Mute not. The relay clicks in the MCL boxes but that is it. No command seems to go through to the BS9000 from the link rooms. When the BS is running pressing MUTE does not bring sound to a link room.

I tried again with the BS6500 and with that as the audio master everything is working fine. The BS9000 does not seem to have any connection to the link system. Situation is similar if I do not have the ML cable in place at all. The cable is brand new, so is the ML/MCL Converter.

What is wrong?

• 01-31-2009 1:51 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Re: ML/MCL Converter + Beosound 9000 problem

Could be a couple of things I suppose, but let's try the obvious:

Unplug the BS-9000 & the Converter from mains power, disconnect the ML cable from BOTH ends.  Reatach the ML (firmly and snugly), poer jup the converter first and then the BS-9000

We want the 9000 to wake up last so that it seeks out any 'network devices' before it settles in.  Once powered up, it doesn't ever look again, and doesn't respond to 'hails' from devices loginng in late.

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 02-01-2009 3:02 AM In reply to

• Mico
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-06-2007
    • Finland
    • Posts 136
    • Founder

Re: ML/MCL Converter + Beosound 9000 problem

Thanks, I found the solution following advice. Smile

The troublemaker turned out to be a faulty (brand new) ML cable, fortunately I could cannibalise one from the BS3 - 1611 Converter box. In the meanwhile I tried to an older MCL2P with a powerlink cable. Worked but no control in link rooms, same with the ML/MCL converter with powerlink connection.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)