in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-05-2009 8:10 PM by jk1002. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-05-2009 12:11 PM

BeoSound5 versus TouchDiva

Hello,

I read somewhere about the TouchDiva here in the forum.

I checked their site and watched the demonstration. It seems to be very attractive and has B&O ICEPower inside (2x125W). Do you think it could be an attractive alternative to the BS5 (sound quality, design, simplicity of use, price...) ?

http://www.touchdiva.dk/#/functions/

• 02-05-2009 12:19 PM In reply to

Re: BeoSound5 versus TouchDiva

It is only a front-end for a subscription service.  It does not deal with your own content.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 02-05-2009 12:41 PM In reply to

Not impressed. Not just about the lack of ability to manage your own content, but even as a front end it's overly complex and doesn't seem to offer any intelligence in choosing content. Doesn't look like a contender.  

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-05-2009 2:40 PM In reply to

Surely if B&O had the foresight to offer such a delicious device it would be 10 times the price and all detractors would be drooling over it - looks really exciting, MOTS appears useless, to me anyway.

• 02-05-2009 3:04 PM In reply to

What makes it so delicious? The tacky interface? The fact that you have to stand over and tap entries in with a virtual keyboard? It's total lack of ability to act as a user-owned content server? Are you the last person in the world who's impressed with touch screens? I don't get it.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-05-2009 4:04 PM In reply to

Too scathing!! Laughing

I think it is a very clever idea but not flexible enough. I don't like the fact one cannot use one's own collection in addition - though I suppose this is to stop you recording the streamed content. My broadband is flaky enough to make streamed music a non starter - and is it just me or is the sound track on the demo really crackly?

Not working outside Denmark by the looks of things at present.

• 02-05-2009 8:10 PM In reply to

I don't see actually a point of it. For one, it will be difficult for a small company to "stay" a player. There is huge effort involved setting up the licensing.

If they would have built it maybe as a frontend to Rhapsody or similar service, that would made have more sense to me.

Then again, since your are renting the equipment there is not a huge risk for one involved. I just don't see much of a point in it.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)