in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-24-2009 2:29 PM by Jandyt. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-23-2009 8:47 AM

Busy Signal on BeoCom 6000

Hello,

First time here and hoping to find some help.

I have 3 BeoCom 6000 phones that have been working without problems. Last night, however, I discovered that one of the handsets has a busy signal and I haven't been able to get a dial tone. I can get a dial tone with the two other handsets, no problem. The odd thing is that all the menus, phone book, caller ID, are working. These are other things I've discovered:

1) When receiving an outside call the "busy signal" phone rigns but I cannot answer the call both by pressing the button or with AUTO OFF HOOK YES.

2) If I try to call the "busy signal" handset from the other two handsets you hear a single tone, a pause and a then busy signal.

3) If I call "all the hnadsets" from the two that are working, the one with the "busy signal" rings but you can't answer the call.

4) If I try to place a call between the two handsets that have a dial tone you hear a single tone, a pause and a then busy signal.

5) If I go to the HANDSET/BASE menu in the "busy signal" handset and select, for example, HANDSET NAME it goes 

BASE CONNECTION WAIT...

BASE CONNECTIO *****BUSY*****

This last piece seems to indicate that the handset is having problems connecting to the base but, if that's the case, how come I can access the phone book, etc.

6) If I click on SELECT BASE it display the correct base

BASE 01/01

36-000077003172 

7) The indicator light flashes red as if the line was busy or we had new calls in the caller id.

I have powered the phone off a few times but that doesn't do the trick. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jose

• 01-23-2009 6:16 PM In reply to

Re: Busy Signal on BeoCom 6000

Have you tried removing the battery on the quirky handset for a few minutes and then reinstalling it? This simple trick has cured a number of occasional lockup problems that I have had over the years.

• 01-23-2009 7:06 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

.....failing that, try 'Remove Handset' then 'Add' it again.
    As with the suggestion from Beobuff for the handset, sometimes powering off the base station for a couple of minutes may reset it.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 01-24-2009 5:17 AM In reply to

Good morning Beobuff,

Thanks for replying and your suggestion. Last night I removed the battery for several minutes, as you recommended, but the handset still has a busy signal. 

Jose

Filed under:
  • 01-24-2009 5:22 AM In reply to

Good morning Andy,

The handset is recharging now but once that's done I'll try the 'Remove Handset' and 'Add' again. Questions, by powering off the base station you mean unplugging the base from the outlet? Also, will that erase the phone book, etc?

Thanks,

Jose 

Filed under:
  • 01-24-2009 7:41 AM In reply to

Andy,

I tried 'Removing Handset' but every time I try I get the "BASE CONNECTION *****BUSY*****" message. Even though I can see the phone book, etc., it looks like the handset lost the connection to the base, or it cannot connect.

Jose

Filed under:
  • 01-24-2009 8:13 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Hola Jose.
    Try unplugging the base statiopn from the mains for a few minutes, Don't worry, you won't lose your phonebook.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 01-24-2009 10:26 AM In reply to

Hola Andy,

Unplugged the main base from the outlet for 5 minutes, plugged it back in, waited for things to reach "steady state" and... it worked!!!

It's nice to be able to tap into the forum's knowledge.

Muchas gracias por tu ayuda. 

Jose

Filed under:
  • 01-24-2009 2:29 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

De nada!
    It makes me so happy if I can help somebody, even with my limited knowledge.
    Glad it's sorted.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)