in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-20-2009 4:56 PM by Peter. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-20-2009 3:50 PM

help with beogram

My beogram 1500 is still not working. Ive tried hundreds of different ways of connecting it to my amp and to my hi fi and stillcant hear anything but a humming noise. I really want to get it working.

Does anyone have any ideas what possibly could be causing this, typical faults in the turntable?

Does anyone have any ideas as to how i might fix it?

Also does anyone know of anyone in edinburgh who can make it work!! I'm getting very frustrated by it.

Thanks,

Dani

• 05-20-2009 3:55 PM In reply to

Re: help with beogram

i did not see mentioned here, or on your other thread... any confirmation that your cartridge is ok. you mentioned it was good, but have you tried another one?

• B&o bottle opener
  • 05-20-2009 3:59 PM In reply to

If you fancy a trip to Newcastle some time, I can have a look and have a number of spare cartridges and a spare deck or two to practice with.

• 05-20-2009 4:06 PM In reply to

I know im going to sound a bit silly but how do i check the cartridge? Is it inside the tuntable and what does it do?

• 05-20-2009 4:56 PM In reply to

The cartridge is the needle and coil assembly that converts the undulations in the grooves of the record into electrical signal. In your case it is probably a MMC20S. The problem with these is that they can break in a number of different ways. The diamond can get broken or worn and this will cause the needle to track badly giving a distorted sound. The coils inside the cartridge can also become disconnected and this will result in no sound at all. The connections to the cartridge can also become damaged with similar effect. The rest of the deck is actually very simple. The only other electronics is a muting circuit which stops the noise of the stylus dropping onto the record being heard.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)