in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-15-2009 6:38 PM by Puncher. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-15-2009 10:53 AM

Save your money boys and girls!

• 01-15-2009 11:28 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: Save your money boys and girls!

Doesn't really tell us anything we didn't know though - 40" BV8 and that ultra-large BV4 they demonstrated a while ago?
  • 01-15-2009 11:32 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

save money ? the other mentioned product BV4 is the 100 inch 100.000 euro screen, start saving boy.
  • 01-15-2009 11:47 AM In reply to

Alex:
    save money ? the other mentioned product BV4 is the 100 inch 100.000 euro screen, start saving boy.

And putting 100K in a TV is simply outrageous in my opinion. I couldn't ever see myself doing that, even if I won the lottery. Smile

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 01-15-2009 2:36 PM In reply to

Not entirely certain as to what the thread starter is referring to - but there's some B&O news out of Denmark today.

The results for the first 6 months of FY8/9 are in, and turnover is substantially below the first six months of FY7/8. That's no surprise, as mgt had given warning about this in December. The result was slightly better than analysts had predicted.

B&O is letting go an additional 220 employees, on top of the ca 300 previously announced.
    More telling, the distinction between protected A-shares and tradeable B-shares has been removed, with all shares now being equal. B&O is going to the market, asking for DKK440 million, in order to secure operating capital. Removing the distinction between classes of shares makes a takeover more likely, as it's served as a barrier previously. However, the Chairman of the Board states that removing the distinction has not been carried out in order to facilitate a takeover.

The CEO of B&O states that the turnaround plan remains in effect, and that the company has a series of new products ready to roll out in the coming sales periods. 

Automotive is providing a glimmer of hope, as it's going well, in spite of the general downturn in the international auto market.

A previous regional director, Lars Kirstein, was extremely critical of the Chairman of the Board and Torben Ballegaard Sørensen in today's Børsen, the Danish business daily. He states that the board and TBS completely failed to understand the revolution that Apple brought to A/V content, and that B&O's televisions were priced much too high. His contention is that the television is the bridgehead into the modern A/V home, and once that's in place, add-ons such as speakers, audio centers, etc are much more easily sold to customers. But by pricing televisions "out of this world," B&O locked themselves out of this opportunity.

• 01-15-2009 2:54 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

soundproof:

A previous regional director, Lars Kirstein, was extremely critical of the Chairman of the Board and Torben Ballegaard Sørensen in today's Børsen, the Danish business daily. He states that the board and TBS completely failed to understand the revolution that Apple brought to A/V content, and that B&O's televisions were priced much too high. His contention is that the television is the bridgehead into the modern A/V home, and once that's in place, add-ons such as speakers, audio centers, etc are much more easily sold to customers. But by pricing televisions "out of this world," B&O locked themselves out of this opportunity.

I wonder if he took into account the price of the aluminium and the inbuilt BS3 before critisising the TV prices. 

I'd vote for him.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 01-15-2009 3:01 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

soundproof:

He states that the board and TBS completely failed to understand the revolution that Apple brought to A/V content, and that B&O's televisions were priced much too high.

About time!!!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 01-15-2009 4:16 PM In reply to

Jandyt:

About time!!!

Andy T.

But perhaps too little too late...? 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 01-15-2009 5:40 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

@Puncher : Loewe makes Aluminium TVs with antireflect glass front, aluminium remote, built-in hard disc recorder that can record in HD, and record a channel as you watch another (multi tuners), the image engine is really good and the DTS decoder is built inside the TV... All that for the price (or less) of a plastic BV8. Made in Germany. Don't be fooled by B&O marketing, they sell aluminium at the price of gold!
  • 01-15-2009 5:43 PM In reply to

I can't believe B&O are going to sell a £100,000 television. This is completly ridiculous and goes against everything they stand for to date. What on earth are they doing?

Simon.

• 01-15-2009 6:38 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

mbee:
    @Puncher : Loewe makes Aluminium TVs with antireflect glass front, aluminium remote, built-in hard disc recorder that can record in HD, and record a channel as you watch another (multi tuners), the image engine is really good and the DTS decoder is built inside the TV... All that for the price (or less) of a plastic BV8. Made in Germany. Don't be fooled by B&O marketing, they sell aluminium at the price of gold!

I wholeheartedy agree (I was being flippant, sarcastic - whatever you want to call it)Smile

Not sure about Loewe though - second rate in comparisonWhistle

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)