in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-24-2009 12:50 PM by Mico. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-24-2009 9:53 AM

• Mico
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-06-2007
    • Finland
    • Posts 136
    • Founder

Adjusting the Picture and Font Size with BS3

HI, I just recently replace my old non HDCP panel with a Pioneer KURO KRP-500M.

The picture with Blu-Ray and DVD's is excellent. With the built in DVB S/T module there seems to be an issue with the picture size. I have set the automatic panel detection off. The panel is 1080p and the resolution in the BS3 is selected accordingly. It seems that I miss some information from the TV broadcasts even after setting the command Format + 3. I have the sw version 5.02a. I have gone through all the menu's including the service one but have not found anything related.

Another question is the font size, how can I set the font size smaller for subtitles? This issue is also related to the DVB S/T module and only to the DVB-subtitling, not with the one broadcasted with fixed subtitles.

• 01-24-2009 10:04 AM In reply to

Re: Adjusting the Picture and Font Size with BS3

Mico:

Another question is the font size, how can I set the font size smaller for subtitles? This issue is also related to the DVB S/T module and only to the DVB-subtitling, not with the one broadcasted with fixed subtitles.

If you are talking about our domestic broadcasts, you don't - the type of DVB subtitling Yle uses delivers the subtitles as bitmaps, they are not formed in the receiver. Sure it would be possible to scale them, but the poor available resolution would probably make them look quite bad and ruin the antialiasing.

Many satellite channels use teletext subtitling, and the actual bitmaps are created in the receiver. Then it is possible to change the font and sizes, but I don't know anything about BS3...

-mika

• 01-24-2009 12:50 PM In reply to

• Mico
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-06-2007
    • Finland
    • Posts 136
    • Founder

Re: Adjusting the Picture and Font Size with BS3

thanks Mika,

yes, I was referring to the Yle subtitling. It seems that I have to live with issue.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)