in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-11-2009 6:33 AM by Klas. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-10-2009 2:32 PM

• Klas
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Singapore
    • Posts 96
    • Founder

BS3 + HDMI - Display/EDID adjustments needed?

Happy new year all!!

A bit technical question; but from a perspective of not being so technical capable ;)

I have a macMini connected to my BS3 through DVI-D>HDMI (Port A on BS3) and then my BS3 connected to a Panasonic D9 50" commercial plasma (DVI-D and Serial).....

To get the optimal picture quality; what tweaking is required?

On the Macmini; should i put the display as 1080p or 1080i and what XX hz? - Also should i adjust the timing tables according to my Panasonic's EDID variables; or does the BS3 has it own EDID - or is EDID only applicable between the BS3 and the Panasonic - so i can ignore any timing settings on the MacMini? (example of EDID settings on a mac here )

Between the Panasonic and BS3; is there any calibration needed? The display on the settings i've choosen BV4 D9 as the profile; but i know there are more settings available in the service menu but not sure if these are required to be corrected as well....

Thanks
    Klas

Grant me the serenity to accept the B&O I can't afford

• 01-11-2009 3:27 AM In reply to

• Mico
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-06-2007
    • Finland
    • Posts 136
    • Founder

Re: BS3 + HDMI - Display/EDID adjustments needed?

I would say that this depends what you see at the moment. Do you have every pixel displayed? I have connected my mini to different displays only to see how they manage. BV9 did not do very well, tweaking was needed. With a <1000€ Mirai 1080p was displayed very well without any tweaking. I think your panel does not support 1080p.

Currently I am using 720p output from the mini because my panel is not 1080p. I've decided to upgrade the panel with a Pioneer KRP500-M to get the best possible picture. When this arrives I'll reconfigure the mini as well.

• 01-11-2009 6:33 AM In reply to

• Klas
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Singapore
    • Posts 96
    • Founder

Re: BS3 + HDMI - Display/EDID adjustments needed?

thanks Mico; yes i belive my panel is support 1080i mainly....

So when you say you adjusted/calibrated your mini - would this be on the mac (source of content) - adjusting the timing or what do you intend on syncing (and to what refference/specs)

or is it between the digital processor BS3 and Monitor (Panasonic)

Grant me the serenity to accept the B&O I can't afford

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)