in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-12-2009 5:52 AM by Mr10Percent. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-12-2009 1:35 AM

Beovision 1 STB and Beolink Converters

Hi, I could do with some help from the more technically minded forum members.

Normally, I’d be pretty dab-hand at this but in recent years, the grey cells that control fiddling and tweaking have diminished somewhat.

I have a Beovision 1 (ML version) with the STB Table 2.5, a Beocenter 9500 and the Beogram 8002. I use the BV1 as loudspeakers in “my room” at my parents house (a B&O home from home) whenever I stay there. The BV1 and the BC9500 are linked via a Beolink Converter (1611).

I have Two problems:-

1. Without wanting to any extra throw money at a rarely used system re-chipping the BV1, what would be the best Freeview STB currently available today that can still use the codes in STB Table 2.5? (I am thinking Topfield, Pana or Humax which tend to stay the same over different models). PVR mode not essential.

1. Although I have run the configuration guide endlessly, I’m still having difficulty integrating the BV1 and the BC9500; Switching the BC9500 on (say CD or radio), does not automatically switch the BV1 loudspeakers on. Is this a short-fall of the usability of the converter? Switch on CD via the Beo4 and all is well but I cannot control volume via the control panel of the BC9500. Devices are set as option 2 and 0 (BV1/BC9500) respectively. The BC9500 is connected to the BL1611 using both the Datalink and Powerlink cables respectively.

If anyone can throw any light on any of the issues above, I’d be happy to hear from you.

Regards

10%

• 01-12-2009 3:51 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision 1 STB and Beolink Converters

With regard to the STB-C in your Beovision 1-L, table version 2.5 is quite old and most (if not all) freeview boxes listed can only be purchased second hand. Having said that the Humax boxes are in my view most likely to be useable with the old Humax codes as all there boxes appear to use standard NEC protocol infra-red codes and have all the basic functionality you are likely to need.

On your second point, I can confirm that the Beolink 1611 box should work perfectly with your configuration and with the Powerlink cable connected the BC9500 must always be in option 0 as you have it.

I think your problem may well be linked to the software revision of the Beovision 1-L, what is the 4 digit "Type" number of the TV ?

Regards Keith....

• 01-12-2009 5:52 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision 1 STB and Beolink Converters

Thanks Keith,
    The BV1 is a Type 8633, S/N1757xxxx with factory installed ML and DTS.
    Hope that helps.
    10%
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)