in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-09-2009 12:56 PM by Medogsfat. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-08-2009 3:57 PM

NEW MEMBER - BeoVision MX 6000 Color Problems

Hi everyone and Happy 2009!

i've been having trouble with my b&o tv for the last 2 months or so.

intermittently, the color, or if you prefer, colour of my MX 6000 (approx. 1992), has been dropping out completely and the image remains black & white for some time before switching back to color on its own.

the switch to b&w mostly occurs after changing channels, but on occasion also without any user (remote control) input.

pressing "tv" on the beolink 1000 remote, shows the "TV X" (where X is the channel number) in light blue even when the image is in b&w. i guess this would point to a tuner rather than RGB issue.

i would appreciate any ideas on how to get to the bottom of this issue. if anyone has step-by-step instructions on tracing or replacing parts, those would be great also.

keep in mind, while i can use a soldering iron, i am no electronics engineer.

thanks for the read.

rama dev

p.s.: as you prefer, i can communicate in english, italiano, deutsch.

• 01-08-2009 6:41 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Re: NEW MEMBER - BeoVision MX 6000 Color Problems

I can't help with your problem I'm afraid but I am replying to keep your post on the front page, near the top as there are plenty of folk here who can (nobby springs to mind).

I will take this opportunity however to say welcome to Beoworld, it is a really helpful and informative forum and I hope you stay with us after your problem is resolvedSmile

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 01-09-2009 9:42 AM In reply to

thanks, puncher, for your reply and keeping my post afloat Travel for general viewing by the powers that be.

in browsing to find an answer to my query, i did come across the helpful spirit you mention. the amount of detailed attention to the various problems of keeping ones jewels up and running, is truly inspiring.  in particular i was impressed also by a complete overhaul-workshop of a tv set done by martin, a.k.a. Die_Bogener.

i only wish i could be as helpful to this or any community.

thanks again!

• 01-09-2009 12:56 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

I have no idea of your electronics expertise but I feel I need to add that working on a CRT TV can be highly dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. The tube can hold a lethal charge and must be discharged correctly before even thinking about starting work on one.

Good luck with your TV though Smile

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)