in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-02-2009 10:30 AM by TWG. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-01-2009 3:32 AM

BS5 and iTunes

Hi,

I assume BS5 does not play copy-protected music bought  from iTunes store? I love BS5 but the problem is that most of my music is bought from iTunes store. Is there a simple solution?

At present I have BS4 which of course plays (N.Music) all my music form my iMac and can nicely be remotely controlled by iPodTouch and Beo4, which is a nice thing. 

After seeing and using the BS5 and BS4 side by side, all of a sudden the latter seems somewhat old-fashioned, but still very nice of course.  

• 01-01-2009 6:51 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Re: BS5 and iTunes

At the moment, it is generally the case that nothing but Apple-branded products can play iTunes DRM-protected files.  A partial work-around is to use the "iTunes +" feature to update as much of your library as possible to the higher resolution, non-DRM files.

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 01-02-2009 10:30 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Re: BS5 and iTunes

sinuhe:

Hi,

I assume BS5 does not play copy-protected music bought  from iTunes store? I love BS5 but the problem is that most of my music is bought from iTunes store. Is there a simple solution?

At present I have BS4 which of course plays (N.Music) all my music form my iMac and can nicely be remotely controlled by iPodTouch and Beo4, which is a nice thing. 

After seeing and using the BS5 and BS4 side by side, all of a sudden the latter seems somewhat old-fashioned, but still very nice of course.  

Yes, there IS a VERY simple solution:

Locate only your purchased (and copy protected) music tracks in iTunes, put them in a separate playlist and burn all tracks to AUDIO CDs.

Then re-import them via iTunes as MP3, 320kbit/s and you're done :-)

Easy and legal.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)