in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-27-2008 4:37 AM by Dave. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-26-2008 7:41 PM

• stevnp
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 08-08-2007
    • London UK
    • Posts 43
    • Gold Member

Beosound 2 docking station loose connection. Dealer says £100!

I have a BS2 and the wire has come loose at the RJ plug that goes into the mains transformer.

I contacted a B&O dealer and they want me to pay "around £100" for a replacement, that is the whole thing except the player. 

I can't believe the wire itself can't be replaced fairly easily. Is it available as a part, and if so does anyone have a part number, and any idea how to fit it?

Sorry if I'm being stingy here, but I could get a complete secondhand unit for not much more.

Thanks,

Steve.

• 12-26-2008 8:04 PM In reply to

• geearr
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-27-2008
    • Gold Coast, Australia
    • Posts 301
    • Gold Member

Re: Beosound 2 docking station loose connection. Dealer says £100!

Hi Steve 

That does sound a bit steep if the only problem is that the small RJ plug has broken away from the wire.  Surely you can find someone who can crimp it back on properly.  Otherwise, I would buy myself a crimper and try another DIY job.  Keep the 100 quid and look elsewhere.

Geoff

• 12-27-2008 4:06 AM In reply to

It is your lucky day! I actually have a BS2 docking station - I lent the BS2 to someone who then never gave it back but as it was because his BS2 was not working, he didn't need the dock. I have long realised that this 'gentleman' has decided just to keep mine so I offer you the dock - send me your address by PM and I will post it.
  • 12-27-2008 4:37 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Peter :
    It is your lucky day! I actually have a BS2 docking station - I lent the BS2 to someone who then never gave it back but as it was because his BS2 was not working, he didn't need the dock. I have long realised that this 'gentleman' has decided just to keep mine so I offer you the dock - send me your address by PM and I will post it.

I had the same problem, and *gushes* i fixed it myself! Found an old phone which had the same RJ plug, so i spliced it, rewired it and bobs your uncle, free fix! However a whole new charger from Father Christmas sounds like a better bet... Big Smile

I can't believe you never got your BS2 back after being so altruistic like that. I really wish i was allowed to swear, what an anti social bah-humbug. Super Angry 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)