in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-15-2008 3:13 AM by mhoutman. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-13-2008 9:54 AM

Beovision 7-32 thoughts and considerations

i am tending to buy a couple of 7-32 tv's (replacement of mx 4000/7000/8000). the 7-40 is no option due to lack of available space. 

yet when i look at the 7-40 specs with full hdmi it seems a much better option with 1080i, while the 7-32 only has dvi-d only  with 760i. (a playstation 3 will be connected).

other brands do have 32" tv's with full hd support and i am a bit frightened to invest a lot of money in something which is "out dated" or at least not state of the art.

any thoughts here or advise ?

thanks, m. 

• 12-13-2008 11:02 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision 7-32 thoughts and considerations

Hi, the 7-40 with HDMI is 1080p, the native resolution at which mostly, if not all, Playstation 3 discs play.  The 7-32 has dvi-i only at 720p/1080i.

IMHO 1080p does not make a tremendous difference on a 32" screen and the 7-32's are more than capable of displaying images excellently.  However if you are considering other brands then they will have the latest specs and the cheapest price, but not necessarily the best image and definitely not the best sound, since the 7-1 is a great stereo speaker.

• 12-13-2008 1:38 PM In reply to

KingOfSnake:

Hi, the 7-40 with HDMI is 1080p, the native resolution at which mostly, if not all, Playstation 3 discs play.  The 7-32 has dvi-i only at 720p/1080i.

IMHO 1080p does not make a tremendous difference on a 32" screen and the 7-32's are more than capable of displaying images excellently.  However if you are considering other brands then they will have the latest specs and the cheapest price, but not necessarily the best image and definitely not the best sound, since the 7-1 is a great stereo speaker.

thanks for your reply. as a b&o fan i am not considering other brands. in fact when you are used to the quality and way op operation you don't want anything else anymore. so that is solved 

yet i feel that in our specific situation,  the 7-32 is too much a compromise. yes it is flatscreen, but it just doesn't give what the 7-40 does.problem is that no one can tell if a 7-32 full hd will appear.

tomorrow i will visit my dealer and he will show me the differences between 7-32 nd 7-40 (especially when connected to an playstation 3). as i am buying for the next 5-7 years i want to make a well considered decision.

• 12-13-2008 2:34 PM In reply to

I'm totally understand you being B&O fan Smile

But it seems to me in past 4-5 years B&O doesn't follow latest in TV technology.... 

So other brands offer much more in terms of tech spec, but in terms of quality and of course design B&O is far more ahead !

Maybe you can search to pre-owned market, you can find great BV7 for the half price !!!

Lifestyle has a great offer.... 

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 12-13-2008 3:57 PM In reply to

nmartin771:

I'm totally understand you being B&O fan Smile

But it seems to me in past 4-5 years B&O doesn't follow latest in TV technology.... 

So other brands offer much more in terms of tech spec, but in terms of quality and of course design B&O is far more ahead !

Maybe you can search to pre-owned market, you can find great BV7 for the half price !!!

Lifestyle has a great offer.... 

second-hand is for me no option as i want the latest. (and with this deal i get a 5-year full warranty) yet i need the right moment to step-in 

• 12-13-2008 4:46 PM In reply to

Its a hard decision choosing between such great systems.

I doubt that you can see the difference between HD and Full HD. I cant.

I had an xbox connected to a BV7-32 first and then a BV7-40 and i couldnt tell the difference.

Its true that BV7-40 has a lot more options connection wise. And that would be the way i would go. The only reason to choose a BV7-32 would a size matter.

BeoVision10-46MKII,BL3,BL2,BS8,Beo5

• 12-13-2008 4:56 PM In reply to

BMGHB:

Its true that BV7-40 has a lot more options connection wise. And that would be the way i would go. The only reason to choose a BV7-32 would a size matter.

I saw one example, in small room big BV7-40 and I must admit it looks silly.... like a basketball player in old mini (no offense to basketball players )

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 12-13-2008 6:06 PM In reply to

nmartin771:
    BMGHB:

I saw one example, in small room big BV7-40 and I must admit it looks silly.... like a basketball player in old mini (no offense to basketball players )

Exactly what i meant..:) 

BeoVision10-46MKII,BL3,BL2,BS8,Beo5

• 12-14-2008 6:15 AM In reply to

BMGHB:

Its a hard decision choosing between such great systems.

I doubt that you can see the difference between HD and Full HD. I cant.

I had an xbox connected to a BV7-32 first and then a BV7-40 and i couldnt tell the difference.

my problem here is that "size does matter"  

• 12-14-2008 6:31 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Am I right in thinking that there is a new BV7-32 due with a new chassis? Previous threads on this subject have advised waiting to see what the new TV offers or even selecting a BV8-32 instead.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 12-14-2008 10:51 AM In reply to

I have a Bv-7 40Mk3 and I can see the difference between SD and HD even between broadcasts.Football,Wildlife,Films and deff on Blue-ray ps3.

Remember you sit closer when watching HD stuff than you do if you had an old SD tv so you got to get the distance that your watching right!...I also have a jvc rs1 running a 8ft screen and the Difference between Dvd and Blue-ray and  HD Broadcasts is again visable,SD not so good.

I have a 32" tv in my bedroom not B+O :-( which is HD same res as an Bv7-32 (not 1080p) and that is not as good as my Bv-7 Mk3 picture.

I'd love a bv 32 one day for my bedroom.

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 12-14-2008 11:43 AM In reply to

Bv7Mk3:

I have a Bv-7 40Mk3 and I can see the difference between SD and HD even between broadcasts.Football,Wildlife,Films and deff on Blue-ray ps3.

Remember you sit closer when watching HD stuff than you do if you had an old SD tv so you got to get the distance that your watching right!...I also have a jvc rs1 running a 8ft screen and the Difference between Dvd and Blue-ray and  HD Broadcasts is again visable,SD not so good.

I have a 32" tv in my bedroom not B+O :-( which is HD same res as an Bv7-32 (not 1080p) and that is not as good as my Bv-7 Mk3 picture.

I'd love a bv 32 one day for my bedroom.

I think the reference was to the difference between HD and full HD, which is much harder to see than the difference between SD and HD.

Simon

• 12-14-2008 11:54 AM In reply to

No worries............

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 12-14-2008 12:42 PM In reply to

this afternoon we went to the dealers. compared to our mx 8000 i was convinced with the screen quality of the 7-32. yet we also took with us our playstation 3 and were not satisfied with the resolution. we could'n get better than 560 but the dealer will digg in this matter to find the right cables.

alternative the ps 3 on the 7-40 was superb. but again that screensize is for us no option..... 

• 12-14-2008 1:18 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Any reason why you haven't considered the BV8??

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 12-15-2008 3:11 AM In reply to

Puncher:
    Any reason why you haven't considered the BV8??

oh, yes definitely. if you are used to the mx 8000 sceen you are imho not very happy with the bv8-32. except that, the design is not our piece of cake too. 

• 12-15-2008 3:13 AM In reply to

anybody around here with the solution to connect a playstation 3 to a bv 7-32 and getting optimal results ?

tia. m 

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)