in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-05-2008 5:51 PM by Medogsfat. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-04-2008 11:52 AM

• wasti
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-29-2008
    • Cracow, Poland
    • Posts 112
    • Gold Member

Beotime - how to clean?

Hello everybody,

I have recently bought a beotime wall clock. The problem is it need a good wash (the front). Do someone have experience in that? With what should I clean it in order to not destroy it? Please advise.

Wasti

• 12-04-2008 12:38 PM In reply to

Re: Beotime - how to clean?

Hi, I also have a BeoTime, and can only recommend you not to use any multi-metal cleaner! It will stain the metal and make you clean it twice as much afterwards..I used alcohol on a soft cloth to renovate it after buying it, then only a microfiber cloth works fine for everyday cleaning.

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 12-04-2008 12:47 PM In reply to

• wasti
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-29-2008
    • Cracow, Poland
    • Posts 112
    • Gold Member

Thanks Chris,

the problem is that someone used a washing cream (Cif from Unilever) and in that spot the clock is glossy and partly scrached as this is what Cif does.

Wasti

• 12-04-2008 1:31 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Oh dear, that doesn't sound goodSad

Has the CIF gone right through to the aluminium surface? if it has then I'm afraid there isn't a lot you can do about it. If it has only affected the lacquered surface then you may just be able to rescue it.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 12-05-2008 5:58 AM In reply to

• EOB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Posts 188
    • Bronze Member

If everything else failed maybe you can try a non abrasive cleaner from Demeyere. They made it too clean their stainless steel pans etc,...I use it for a Maxigrill of them ( a dish size, similar to the clock ) which also can be used as a serving try. Meaning it should also be scratch free. If i clean it with this it brings on back a shine and no scratches. But maybe you will have to start on a small spot.Maybe the side or better back of the clock. You can buy the stuff where they sell Demeyere pans in your country or probably order it on the web.
  • 12-05-2008 9:43 AM In reply to

• wasti
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-29-2008
    • Cracow, Poland
    • Posts 112
    • Gold Member

Thank you for your replies. I thought the whole clock is made of aluminium. I enclose a picture with the "cleaned" place of the Beotime. Maybe I should look for a detergent that has aluminium particles in it?

Wasti

• 12-05-2008 10:14 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

The Cif has cut through the lacquer at this point. I know that fairy power spray (the stuff in the green trigger spray bottle) will remove the lacquer without damaging the aluminium leaving a totally bare surface. Just rub it in lightly wiith your fingers and wipe of with a damp s0oft cloth. It takes literally seconds. This will allow you to reapply a coat of lacquer. The problem is I don't know how it will affect the black lines - it may strip them off too.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 12-05-2008 4:54 PM In reply to

• wasti
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-29-2008
    • Cracow, Poland
    • Posts 112
    • Gold Member

Thank you, I will try this, though I need to find a equivalent as fairy is not sold in Poland. Thanks again for your help!

Regards,

Wasti

• 12-05-2008 5:51 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Ah - I didn't realise you were in Poland as your English is so good - I should really have just looked at your profileEmbarrassed.

I have tried several products over the years and Fairy Power spray (made by Proctor & Gamble) is the only one I have come across which does this. To help you find an equivalent the ingredients are:-

1. 5% nonionic surfactants.

2. Polycarboxylates.

3. Perfume.

4. Geraniol.

5. Limonene.

There is also a webpage for info on the ingredients HERE

Hope this helps.

Chris.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)