in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-25-2007 8:00 AM by Medogsfat. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-23-2007 6:26 AM

• GANGO
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • italy
    • Posts 48
    • Bronze Member

the little difference between boys and girls...

hello,

once i met a beautyful girl and i felt inlove with her. when i went the first time to her place i was very impressed because i saw a nice set of b&o equipment like beocenter 2300(bought over 10 years ago in denmark, we are living in italy!)Bv3-32, mx4200, phones and some other gadgets. of course i married her immediatly  and now after almost 3 years of a very lucky marriage she ordered a Bv 9 for our new home.she is completly infected with the terrible beovirus and she contaminates me too...

so my question is: is the typical b&o customer male or female? is there a difference about the products choosen by men and women, for example, my local dealer here in alessandria;italy told me that women like the bv 7 because it is an all-in-one-solution whithout lots of wires around.

i would like to know something about this argument, but without using the old and common stereotypes like : men are looking for the technical aspect and women are only looking for a nice design..

gango 

gango

• 05-23-2007 6:33 AM In reply to

• Beobird
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 506
    • Gold Member

Re: the little difference between boys and girls...

I guess the typical B&O buyer is male, because most girls don't give much about sound and vision and they wan't to put those beautifull stuff into a furniture.

We Can't Get Enough B&O Stuff...

• 05-23-2007 7:42 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

I would say overwhelmingly male - we're suckers for gadgets and if it looks good and sounds good then its a complete no brainer!Geeked

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 05-23-2007 8:26 AM In reply to

I'm not sure ... I would say that around 40% of people that I have sold to are female.

Neil

• 05-23-2007 9:47 AM In reply to

• van
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-19-2006
    • Brighton, UK
    • Posts 663
    • Gold Member

I must say that although generally men are more interested in the technical aspects of audio/video gadgets I think Bang & Olufsen do a fine job of appealling to those who aren't so technically minded but like the look, build and sound quality
  • 05-23-2007 9:50 AM In reply to

nobby:

I'm not sure ... I would say that around 40% of people that I have sold to are female.

Neil

Gigolo!

Regards Graham

• 05-23-2007 9:55 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

I'd also say that the majority of B&O costumers are male, but I'm also sure that if you compared the fans of let's say B&W to those of B&O, you'll find a higher percentage of female among the B&O fans as on the other side, because B&O cover both the technical and the estetical aspect, witch should be appealing more to female costumers.

I was the one that brought B&O to our household, but my almost wife is quite infected now too. She even wants a music system for the living room and some phones!! Big Smile Makes me love her even more!!! Wink

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 05-23-2007 11:53 AM In reply to

• beodim
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 130
    • Founder

Is there any statistics on how many of the Beoworld members are male and how many females?

BV7-40, BC6-26, DVD2, BCordV8000, BS4, BS2, BS Ouverture, BC9500, BM8000, BCord9000, BL8000, BL6000, BL2, BL3, BVox4500, BCom6000, Beomedia1, BCom5, Serenata

• 05-23-2007 1:03 PM In reply to

• beobeo
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 953
    • Founder

"she ordered a Bv 9 for our new home.she is completly infected with the terrible beovirus and she contaminates me too"

Is there any way to get this type of disease and infect my beloved wife? Lucky guy!

Gustavo

• 05-23-2007 4:12 PM In reply to

• Max
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Devon
    • Posts 64
    • Founder

My wife likes the looks and sound of B&O and using the Beo4, while I'm as interested in the design, features and attention to detail of the products. I was set on buying a pair of BL8000s and the day we booked the demo, the BL9s had just arrived and she helped us decide to buy the BL9s - happy days!

My B&O is in my Bio.

• 05-23-2007 5:51 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

talking about the difference between male and female, my dealer once told me, that very often, when a couple comes into the shop to buy a pair of speakers, he wants the BL8000 and she wants the BL6000. This was before the BL9 were launched.

I read about a lot of wifes that love the BL9, my girlfriend likes them too. So in the future, it could be like she: BL9, he: BL5Big Smile

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 05-24-2007 2:46 PM In reply to

• Max
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Devon
    • Posts 64
    • Founder

I still wanted the BL8000 and thought I could justify them as rears - lost that one, have a pair of BL6000 behind me - nice, but not iconic. All I need to do now is find another room...

My B&O is in my Bio.

• 05-24-2007 4:10 PM In reply to

• fridsten
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 167
    • Founder

I don't really know about how genders are represented among B&O fans. I'm definately more into it than my wife. On the other hand, my mother really wants a pair of Beolab 5, while my father doesn't seem that interested.

Something I believe, though, is that men are more inclined to discuss these matters on the web. Hence the male domination here. Wink

Another thing might be that women are more inclined to appreciate the design af B&O, while men focus more on the technical aspects and integration. I, for example, am overwhelmed by the fact that you get 2500W of power from one Beolab 5. My mom just thinks they sound very very good. Stick out tongue  

• 05-24-2007 4:33 PM In reply to

nobby:

Neil

I think we will have more female customers in the future due to the fact that design, beauty and ergonomy* (user-friendly utilisation) seem to attract them :-)

And those quality* are part of B&O.

Guy 

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 05-24-2007 8:15 PM In reply to

Design is changing in B&O. Now is more friendly and warm than before, and I think this fact will became women in a fan of B&O.
    Rafa
  • 05-25-2007 8:00 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

nobby:

Neil

Ah! but you deal mainly in TV's don't you Neil?

Try prising my missus away from ours when it is soapland TV scheduling. On the whole I'd say men are more inclined towards B&O than women as there are no limits to what we will spend to impress our friends and mark our territories as better than theirs.Stick out tongue

Now if B&O made shoes......................

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)