in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-26-2008 9:24 PM by Dave. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-25-2008 7:58 AM

Beolab 4000 White

Hi, I am currently having a pair of beolab 4000 in black colour. Looking at the new white colour, I prfer that more now.

Does anyone know how much will it cost in uk to change the aluminum surface of both speakers? 

Many ThanksBig Smile 

• 11-25-2008 8:21 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: Beolab 4000 White

The aluminium surfaces are still silver and just the grills are white.

Are the alumium bodies of yours black? If so there is a guy in the UK who can revert them to silver - he's done work for other beoworld members before with beautiful results.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 11-25-2008 9:11 AM In reply to

LaughingOh.....yes..both the aluminum surface and the grill of mine is black.

So what I need to do is making the aluminum surface in silver, and then order a pair of white grills from dealer? Is that right.....Smile 

By what way I can contact that person, do I need to send those speakers to him?

Many Thanks

justin 

• 11-25-2008 9:48 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Hi Justin,

the best way would be to send 9Lee a PM (private message) asking him for contact details as he has dealt with him in the past. Hopefully the guy is still actively doing this & the price was very reasonable IIRC.

Yes the replacement white grills should be available from your dealer to complete the renovation - I'd check first though just to be safe.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 11-25-2008 7:38 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

It isn't all that expensive, and you may do it yourself if your practical enough

I replaced one top plate of my 4000 and did it myself, the one plate cost $90 aus dollars. The top and bottom peel off (and are destroyed) the front panels can be easily unscrewed once the grilles are detached.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 11-26-2008 8:09 PM In reply to

Hi Dave,

So do you mean that I can just order the top & bottom plate form the dealer?  Since I only manage to get a extra pair of silver aluminum surface for the main body but not the top and bottom plate.

And also, is $90 aus dollars cover both upper and bottom plate, or just a single plate?

Many Thanks 

• 11-26-2008 9:24 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Dave:

It isn't all that expensive, and you may do it yourself if your practical enough

I replaced one top plate of my 4000 and did it myself, the one plate cost $90 aus dollars. The top and bottom peel off (and are destroyed) the front panels can be easily unscrewed once the grilles are detached.

Yes you can order those plates no problem, so long as you are aware of how much concentration you'll need to put into it, once the glue on the plates comes into contact with the speaker cabinet, that's all folks! So be careful. I did a very good job of mine. Hey, in all honestly, save yourself some money and forget the bottom plates, no-one see's them! Smile

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)