in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-30-2008 6:21 PM by Peter. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-30-2008 6:16 PM

• chmadden
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-24-2008
    • chicago
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

beosystem 5500 question

i have recently acquired a beosystem 5500 (beomaster5500, mcp5500, beogram5500, beocord5500, and beogram cd 50.) I have consulted the manual, and the system is setup and should be ready to go.

However, I encounter a problem when i try to use it. i replaced the D cell batteries in the master control panel and turned the system on. then i attempted to test out the system components, for each component i had the same issue. It seems the beomaster is resetting itself.? it will make a very brief connection with the component, perhaps producing a split second of audio, then ill hear the system click again as if it is trying to reestablish initial contact with the component, and the whole process will repeat itself until i disconnect the systems power.

any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. could it be an internal issue, perhaps the capacitors? thanks again everyone 

ch 

• 11-30-2008 6:21 PM In reply to

Re: beosystem 5500 question

Sounds like the power supply is causing problems. The protection circuit will be clicking in. It will need a service - and yes, probably capacitors and variable resistors! Laughing Well worth the effort. Use a 5500 system myself every day with my computer.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)