in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-29-2008 10:51 AM by augs. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-28-2008 2:55 AM

• augs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-17-2007
    • Posts 73
    • Bronze Member

Iphone/ Ipod Touch integrated in Ouverture

Take a look at this website and see how an iPhone is fully! integrated into an Ouverture, replacing the audio cassette:

http://www.beodesign.org/

Possible is probably everything: Maybe a BC9300 with blu-ray and replace the more or less useless cassette-drive by a media player?

Augs

Es hört doch jeder nur, was er versteht. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
  • 11-28-2008 3:23 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Re: Iphone/ Ipod Touch integrated in Ouverture

I love the idea, how do we get this idea happenning?!

In australia?! 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 11-28-2008 4:38 AM In reply to

Been contemplating doing this with a BeoCenter 9500 ... replacing the tape-innards. But this is actually nice - interesting to have the unit visible. Don't think I'd put an iPhone there, though ... Big Smile ... perfect for the Touch.

• 11-28-2008 4:39 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

augs:

Take a look at this website and see how an iPhone is fully! integrated into an Ouverture, replacing the audio cassette:

http://www.beodesign.org/

Possible is probably everything: Maybe a BC9300 with blu-ray and replace the more or less useless cassette-drive by a media player?

Augs

This is the kind of reaction production that B&O have never indulged in. Their products are developed over years and are meant to last and look great for the many years also. 

Having said that however, the introduction and near domination of the iPod & the iTouch in the 'Mp3' market should in my opinion brought about a product line from B&O, such as a version of the Ouverture, in which an iPod could be integrated.

Imagine it also able to be controlled from a Beo4 or Beo5.   

• 11-28-2008 7:10 AM In reply to

Or the other way around, all your B&O controlled with Touch-interactivity (could even be in a distinct B&O version, as long as it has the functionality.) You place the unit in your Ouverture, and can control music there, or you remove it, and control your A/V playback throughout the house ...

That's where things are going. Lutron's not the only company to have seen the light (sorry!)

• 11-29-2008 4:57 AM In reply to

• augs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-17-2007
    • Posts 73
    • Bronze Member

The iPhone/ Touch can be completely controlled with  a Beo 4 / Beo 5. 

Furthermore, as i know this is just the beginnning. They have some really impressing other work in stock. I was'nt joking about the BeoCenter modifications... and also others will be done...

• 11-29-2008 5:10 AM In reply to

The prototype was offered on eBay earlier this year and of course Beoworlders liked it. Nice to see that they've started make a business out of it.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 11-29-2008 5:33 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

augs:

The iPhone/ Touch can be completely controlled with  a Beo 4 / Beo 5. 

Furthermore, as i know this is just the beginnning. They have some really impressing other work in stock. I was'nt joking about the BeoCenter modifications... and also others will be done...

Just tried to control my iPod Touch with my Beo4 and guess what? Nothing! Although I'm not surprised. Wink

Suspect you are being a little disingenuous with your statement. Quite a lot of things can be controlled from a Beo4, but not straight out of the box they can't!

And your statement that other modifications will be done, misses my point that B&O should have done it.     

• 11-29-2008 10:51 AM In reply to

• augs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-17-2007
    • Posts 73
    • Bronze Member

Big Smile  I wanted to express that the iPod can be controlled completely while being within the Ouverture. (I should have asked a native speaker before answering Wink)

And you're right: B&O should take a lot of steps forward to have a sound grasp of contemporary developments otherwise they will run out of time...

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)