in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-27-2007 1:51 PM by Alex. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-26-2007 10:04 PM

• dsethi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-27-2007
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Help with connecting BeoLab 3 speakers to a Samsung LCD TV

Hi,

I bought a pair of the BeoLab 3 speakers earlier today and am trying to hook them upto a 40 inch Samsung LCD (model # LNS-4041D) without much luck.

I got the appropriate connectors to connect each speaker (B&O DIN) to the regular audio out jacks of the TV.

The BeoLab 3 loudspeakers connect to the TV but I can't seem to control the volume of the speakers from the TV. I can neither increase nor decrease the volume, it remains really loud!

I have tried turning on the internal mute of the TV (for TV's built in speakers) but that does not seem to have any impact.

The TV's manual states "Set the TV's internal mute to on and control the volume via the Amplifier's Volume control" under the 'Connecting an Amplifier/DVD home theater' section.

Please help, thanks.

dharmesh

Filed under:
  • 05-27-2007 5:20 AM In reply to

Re: Help with connecting BeoLab 3 speakers to a Samsung LCD TV

Your problem is that the output from the LCD is at line level and not volume controlled being designed for an external amp or surround system with it's own volume control.

The lab3's have no volume control so you will need some sort of mixer/equaliser between the two to control the input to the speakers.

Regards Graham

• 05-27-2007 8:54 AM In reply to

You could also try to use the headphone out  ..... That is how you would connect them to most computers ....

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 05-27-2007 9:02 AM In reply to

• dsethi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-27-2007
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Thanks, someone else suggested the same in another forum.
  • 05-27-2007 1:51 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Southern CA
    • Posts 137
    • Bronze Member

Set the sound output to Variable instead of Fixed if your tv has that option. Then you should be able to control the volume. 
    -Alex
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)