in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-28-2008 4:55 PM by Steve at Sounds Heavenly. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-25-2008 11:08 AM

• root
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 163
    • Silver Member

BeoVox 2500 Cube Tweeters

I am about to replace the cables on a pair of BeoVox 2500 Cube Tweeters.

So can anybody tell me what length had the original cables and what type of plugs they had?

I want to have close to original spec, found these on ebay - they should fit?

Marcel

• 11-25-2008 1:49 PM In reply to

• classic
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Venø - Struer / Denmark
    • Posts 224
    • Founder

Re: BeoVox 2500 Cube Tweeters

The original cable length is 5 m.

Be very carefull when you disasamble the speaker. You need to remove one of the small speakers and of coarse the speaker cover. Removing the speaker cover is the most difficult part. I use a needle thin strong tool and when touching the housing of the speaker, I place a piece of 'flat' metal to avoid any marks of the tool. Sometimes it can be nessesary to use some force to remove the cover.

Be carefull when you remove the speaker, the are not availible amymore and are easy damaged. When one speaker is removed, you can see a lot of wires and a filter capacitor, You will also see a 'junction' of cables. The cable from the 'outside' goes to the capacitor and to this junction.

The cable you found on the e-bay is not sutible, you need a much thinner cable. If you disassamble one speaker you will see a part of the original cable and you can then find exactly the same in a shop. You need this dimension of vable or else you cannot get it into the foot-tube of the speaker stand. The plug type og the e-bay cable you found is correct.

I do wirh you good luck.

/Frede

Beolab 5000 -  "If another amplifier sounds different then it needs repair!"

Filed under:
  • 11-25-2008 2:09 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Won't the cables that B&O supplied for the redline speakers do the job?

They will have the original B&O Din plug and bare ends ready to go.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 11-25-2008 3:09 PM In reply to

I imagine they will be a bit thick. The wire has to go up the thin pillar but also has to exit rapidly at 90 degrees just above the foot.
  • 11-26-2008 2:00 AM In reply to

• classic
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 224
    • Founder

Medogsfat:

Won't the cables that B&O supplied for the redline speakers do the job?

They will have the original B&O Din plug and bare ends ready to go.

Chris.

Peter has allready replied correct, the cable for Redline cannot be used.(sorry)

/Frede

Filed under:
  • 11-26-2008 5:11 AM In reply to

root:

I am about to replace the cables on a pair of BeoVox 2500 Cube Tweeters.

So can anybody tell me what length had the original cables and what type of plugs they had?

I want to have close to original spec, found these on ebay - they should fit?

Hi root,

As the seller of the eBay cables you found, I may be able to help.  Frede is quite correct (as always!) that these cables will not fit through the pillar due to the size of the plugs.  However, the plugs at one end of the cables can be supplied separately if required, so that you can feed the cable through the pillars and then fit the plugs yourself using a small screwdriver.  I offer a full money-back guarantee with all of my cables, so you are welcome to purchase a set to try and return them if you have any problems.  As these are a slimline "figure-8" profile cable, they should be very close to the original 2500 cable spec. 

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards, Steve.

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

• 11-26-2008 8:12 AM In reply to

The ones Steve is selling could well work if the female plug is cut off as the cable is not B&O cable and does look similar to the original in thickness. It is not B&O speaker wire which has moulded plugs and is quite a bit thicker. The wire attaches to the capacitor in the cube part of the speaker on one side so only the male plug is required to plug into the appropriate socket on say a Beovox 5000.

The pillar really is quite narrow though and the wire is a tight fit!

• 11-27-2008 2:19 AM In reply to

• classic
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 224
    • Founder

I can give you the (technical) spec of the original cable for Beovox 2500 Cube, which is much different from the molded B&O speaker cables.

The cables B&O supply with molded DIN plugs - male and female - is a 2x0.75mm2 cable.

The cable for Beovox 2500 Cube is not with molded plug, but with a male soldered 2 pin DIN plug and a 2x0.4mm2 cable. The original color a little darker grey than the cable with molded plugs. T´he Cube cable has only one isolation layer and looks like "OO".

I hope this helps ;)

/Frede

Filed under:
  • 11-27-2008 4:43 AM In reply to

Hello Frede,

Thanks for that.  I can't find my micrometer at the moment, but I suspect that the core diameter for the cable I've listed on eBay is likely to be somewhere in the region of 2x0.5mm2 to 2x0.7mm2.  This has only one isolation layer and is in the same "OO" shape as the original Beovox 2500 cable.  Outside diameter of the insulation is approximately 2.5mm x 5mm.

Best regards,

Steve.

• 11-27-2008 5:03 AM In reply to

• classic
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 224
    • Founder

I have now measured the dimensions of the original cable 2.0mm x 4.3mm.

Steve,   I don't know if the cable you offer will fit, but I think it really is possible. I think your suggestion of 'trying' is a fine offer for the costumer.  I have never used any other cables because of the very narrow space avaible. The tube inner diameter is 4.4mm and the 'cut out' of the tube (for the 90 dg bending of the cable) is 2.2mm.

I will take time to replace the cable and specially if the cable size is critical.

/Frede

Filed under:
  • 11-28-2008 4:02 AM In reply to

Hello Frede,

I have now found my micrometer and the outside dimensions of those cables are actually smaller than I first thought, so yes, they should fit:-

My cable size = 2.16mm x 4.22mm

Original cable size = 2.0mm x 4.3mm

Beovox 2500 stand inner diameter = 4.4mm

Best regards,

Steve.

• 11-28-2008 4:04 PM In reply to

• root
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 163
    • Silver Member

thank you for your opinions!

I finally bought the speaker cables from Sounds Heavenly and will give it a try.

Marcel

Marcel

• 11-28-2008 4:55 PM In reply to

Thanks Marcel,

The cables will be on their way to you tomorrow morning.  Please let me know how you get on with fitting them to the Beovox 2500 speakers.  If you need any assistance, just ask!

Best regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)