in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-24-2008 4:31 AM by jads. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-24-2008 4:31 AM

• jads
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-24-2008
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Please Help! Beocenter 1800 right channel hum (loud) - Er - now there's no hum but still no sound

Hi all,

I have a Beocenter 1800 that I got second hand about 5 years ago, hooked up to a pair of Beovox S80's. Recently the sound from the right channel was dopping in and out, so I disconnected the cables, then reconnected them as they were before. When i did, the right speaker let out a loud constant hum, unaffected by the volume control and there was no other sound coming through it.

I've troubleshhoted and found that the problem lies with the beocenter itself, and not the speakers of the cables. The humming occurs whenever the beocenter is turned on, whether playing through the aux (tape), phono or fm. The humming is the same whether plugged into the R1 or R2 socket. the L1 and L2 sockets work perfectly. 

I would greatly appreciate and help or advice with this problem (i tried searching the forums but couldn't find anyone with the same problem). I have no idea whether it is a small fix ir a major issue, so if its a part i can replace myself that would be great. Even though it gives great sound through the left speaker, mono sound just isnt the same!

Thanks everyone,

Jarrod

[<b>edited by:</b> jads at 3:00 (GMT -5) on 30/11/2008]
    Erm, I've opened it up and managed to find where the 2 fuses are, they're both fine... but i accidently pulled a wire out of the part where the 2 big red coils are, (it that something to do with the amp? or am i way off?) its a brown wire which ive just discovered that its for making the turntable turn. ive found a soldering iron and some solder(but no flux) so ill fix that later. But now there is no sound AND no hum from the Right speaker. It's perplexing, i didnt think i did anything to remove the hum. :S

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)