in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-16-2008 2:30 PM by Friedmett. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-15-2008 2:28 PM

• bentleybaz
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-08-2008
    • north yorkshire ENGLAND
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

old and new Pentas>>>>> help needed

i have a dolby card fitted with 2x 8 pin leads to 2 mk3 PENTAs on 8 pin link leads, i have just got some mark 2 PENTAs on the old 4 pin plug, i have so far tried to cut and join cables to suit the older cables, ( with internet diagramme for these cable., i get the test sound but no actual sound from stereo or tv when on!! help !  is it just the wiring is not complete or non matchable. Dave
  • 11-15-2008 4:34 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: old and new Pentas>>>>> help needed

They sound like MK1 Pentas to me. MK2 should have both type of connections. Speakerlink (4 pin) and Powerlink (8 pin)

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 11-15-2008 4:54 PM In reply to

Can someone tell me why a pair of Beolab Pentas has different colours being green to the right and orange to the left at the amplifier light when the Beocenter 9300 is on standby. Is this normal?

• 11-15-2008 5:03 PM In reply to

No! When in stand by, the lights should be red, when playing green, and amber indicates a fault.
  • 11-15-2008 5:25 PM In reply to

That's what I thought.

A radio/tv shop here has gotten a BC9300 and a pair of Beolab Pentas in. It looks great but I tried the radio and could not get anything at all despite being central located in town.

What kind of fault?

• 11-15-2008 5:48 PM In reply to

It is a fault in the amplifier of the Penta. The boards inside are not of the highest quality and do age. I would look for a working pair! There are plenty around.
  • 11-16-2008 2:30 PM In reply to

With my present B&O systems 6000 and 8000 + extra I'm perfectly happy with my setup and as far as a Beocenter 9300/9500 I really don't know. Its a great design, more simpel and less space but I'm keeping my current systems and would love to A-B them with the next system before making a purchase.

As far as Penta's it seems that they have more trouble than the older MS,M,S series and as they have to go by Dillen first in most cases despite being less old its a matter of transport and space at home + the extra money the cost will be.

I dig the sounds of my M150, S80.2, S120 and I don't really need a change at present. It just happens as you are on the way out of store and there it is you know. Beocenter 9300 and a pair of Beolab Penta's upclose and in the flesh.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)