in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-17-2008 7:12 PM by Xseries. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-16-2008 5:27 PM

• Xseries
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hampshire
    • Posts 433
    • Bronze Member

Beo 4 - Advances 2 stations instead of 1 on TV or Radio

Has anyone else met with a Beo 4 that skips channels ?

On my BM 7000 if I am listening to Pre Set Radio 1 and then press the right advance button (double arrow on the star shaped button) on my Beo 4 it skips straight to Radio 3, then 5, 7 etc.  If I select Radio 2 then it will scroll through 4, 6, 8 etc

It is also doing the same on my TV, either BBC 1, ITV and ch 5 or BBC 2 and Ch 4 (only 5 stations tuned in on analogue signal).

Any thoughts gratefully received!

Brian

• 11-16-2008 5:35 PM In reply to

Re: Beo 4 - Advances 2 stations instead of 1 on TV or Radio

Your options are set wrong - both should be Option 1 and they are most likely set to 2. Both IR eyes are getting the signal and that is why you jump two channels. What are the speakers attached to? The options are different depending on how you are using the system. Id the speakers attach to the TV, set the TV to option 2 and the audio unit to option 0. Do you know how to do this?
  • 11-17-2008 1:16 PM In reply to

• Xseries
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hampshire
    • Posts 433
    • Bronze Member

Thank you for the response.  I need to work out what is going to go where and set up the options.  At least it makes sense to me now why it was skipping!!

Brian

• 11-17-2008 2:19 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Hi Brian, you'll probably notice that your volume goes up in 2s as well, also selecting channel 3 will result in 33!
    Which TV are you using, and are your speakers connected to the 7000 or the TV?
    Being a gold member, you can download the PCG which can be very helpful in setting up and chosing options.
    I have a 7000 system and an Avant, with active speakers attatched to the TV and two pairs of passives to the 7000.
    With both in option 1, and by using the AV button, I can select either source through either speakers.
    Works great for me.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 11-17-2008 4:45 PM In reply to

• Xseries
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hampshire
    • Posts 433
    • Bronze Member

Andy,

Thanks for your input. Pentas (active) are still connected to the 7000 as I prefer my music to the TV and like my Beolink 7000 for 2 way communications!  If I connect the Pentas to the Avant I believe I will loose that!

However I also have some passive speakers (via MCL) and some more using the Passive amplifier (semi active?).  There is also an MX 4000 associated with one pair of the passives (bedroom) - but the option codes for that are all wrong too!  I have tried the set up program - but B&O don't provide the options that I have - they assume that any other television is linked to the whole system too (which it is not) or that I should have more active speakers.  Whilst I like my music piped around - I do not worry about TV/ Videos/ DVDs so much. 

As an aside years ago I did link a portable colour TV (pre B&O's non B/W portable) to my Beosystem 5000 / LX 2500 and VHS91.  By using the Tape 2 button via the MCP and the MCL82 to start and stop the video machine I could watch videos in the other room!

Brian

• 11-17-2008 5:04 PM In reply to

Actually there is a software chip that allow you to use your Beomaster 7000 with an Avant and keep two way. Not perfect but...

Service S/W - operation with BL 7000

Beomaster 7000, Type 234x

A service software, version 1.3, for Beomaster 7000 has now been released. The service software makes it possible to use Beolink 7000 to operate Beosystem 7000 in a set-up with BeoVision Avant.

When Beosystem 7000 is operated with Beolink 7000, the BeoLink Converter will ensure the on/off function, volume adjustment, etc. in BeoVision Avant. In this set-up Beolink 7000 is to be seen as hands-on operation of Beosystem 7000.

Options:

BeoVision Avant must be in option 2, and Beomaster 7000 in option 0. Beolink 7000 is configured for one-way video operation and two-ways audio operation. The Beomaster 7000 will act as if it were in option 1 when two-ways operated with Beolink 7000

Possible operation via Beolink 7000:

Audio source operation, manual or timer programmed recording on audio tape recorder, Mute as well as volume adjustment (the volume indication on Beolink 7000 is different from the volume indication on BeoVision Avant).

Impossible operation via Beolink 7000:

Timer light programming.

NOTE!

*Timer play programming, Timer on/off as well as Sound adjustment (e.g. balance, bass, etc.) is made via Avant using the Beo4.

*After installation and option programming or after mains drop-out, an audio source must be selected by hands-on operation to obtain the correct A/V set-up. This influences e.g. A/V RECORD.

*When timer programming the audio master, the Timer ON/OFF on the audio master must be set to OFF. The Timer ON/OFF function is set on the TV.

*Audio sources are not switched off when changing to video source (because of possible users in link rooms).

*Balance, Bass, Treble and Loudness cannot be adjusted on the audio master, operation is made with a remote control via Avant. Adjustment will, however, affect a possible Link room. Volume adjusted from the audio master, adjusts audio sources, but display indication on the audio master may not be correct.

*Hands-on operation of audio recording of video sources is not possible (a remote control must be used).

*Recording on a possible A.TAPE 2 cannot be made by means of a remote control.

*Audio Timer record from program no. with 3 digits, e.g. the Satellite receiver in BeoVision Avant is not possible.

*In some cases it may be necessary to press stand by for several seconds to switch off a product.

• 11-17-2008 7:12 PM In reply to

• Xseries
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hampshire
    • Posts 433
    • Bronze Member

Peter,

I will have to check up on my model and software numbers (Beolink convertor too?).  I assume that an upgrade of the software is a dealer operation....

Is there some marvellous guide to all this, that I could sit and study - or is this just vast accummulated knowledge?

Brian

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)