in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-13-2008 5:52 PM by Dking63. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-11-2008 4:00 PM

• mac
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-11-2008
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Beocenter 9500 problem: automatically switches on ....

Hello there,

After years and years I finally hooked up my B&O9500 Beocenter once more and I must admit .... I still love it.

The center appears to have an issue/problem though: It appears that once every 2 to 4 days, the beocenter automatically swithces itself on, while the timer function itself is disabled (off).

Does anybody have this same experience? Is there anything I can do? Might it be related to temparature fluctuations in the room or so? During the day and night, the room temperature drops and these are the exact moments that the BC automatically switches itself on.

Many thanks in advance, Michiel.

• 11-11-2008 5:01 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: Beocenter 9500 problem: automatically switches on ....

Hello, and welcome to Beoworld. By any chance do you have cats? They seem very good at turning on B&O equipment with sensi touch panels.Laughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 11-11-2008 5:12 PM In reply to

Is it at exactly the same time? It may be that it has been programmed with a two way remote. The programming will not show on the check function.
  • 11-13-2008 12:57 PM In reply to

• mac
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-11-2008
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Hi, Peter, Craig ... thank you both for replying!

Nope, Craig... I do not have a cat! Forgot to mention that as being an important piece of information! Stick out tongue but thanks anyway.

Peter, I don't think it is happening on a consistent frequency (e.g. every time on certain day/at a certain moment), but I will check once more. I hooked up the system after several years of no power ... the system was totally reset when I hooked it up again and I did not program it since then. Also, the remote control seems to be pretty basic (i am not sure what is meant by two-way-remote).

Any other idea's? I though this might be a common problem .... Thank you. Michiel.

• 11-13-2008 3:38 PM In reply to

It doesn't have to be the same time each day. The addition of a two way remote massively increases the programming power of the Beocenter 9500 and different times for every day and even different dates can be programmed. The problem is that deleting these programs requires a two way remote!! Even seeing the programs needs this. However if the 9500 has been yours and has worked normally before and not been in contact with a two way remote, I suspect problems with the touch sensitive keys. This will need servicing. Where do you live?
  • 11-13-2008 4:49 PM In reply to

• mac
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-11-2008
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

I definitely do not own the two way remote. Does not look anything like the Beolink 1000 I own ;-)

http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=695

I live in Amsterdam and have a B&O center a couple of blocks away.

I was just curious that maybe somebody else had the same experience, but it seems to be quite unique.

Thanks for your help though. Michiel.

• 11-13-2008 5:44 PM In reply to

If you had been in the UK, I would have suggested somewhere cheaper and you could have had a trial of a two way remote. I bought a 9500 purely so I could have a Beolink 7000!!
  • 11-13-2008 5:52 PM In reply to

• Dking63
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-09-2008
    • York, PA USA
    • Posts 27
    • Gold Member

Mac,

Check with Peter on this but I recently had the same problems with my Beosystem 2500 and found out that it was the lithum battery that is imbedded in the unit that coordinates somehow with the two way programming capabilities, once this component with the lithium in it was replaced my system has been operating perfectly. Had a 9500 system with dedicated smoke glassed stand and just loved it, had kids and purchased something that could be mounted up away from the kids but boy do I wish I had just boxed the thing. Good luck

Best regards,

Dave

USA

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)