in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-27-2009 7:19 PM by Jandyt. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-21-2008 2:28 PM

Embarrassing!

Noticed two problems on the BeoSound 5 at my local dealer. There are some dead pixels on the LCD and dust has gathered underneath the glass and is now trapped there. This has especially built up under the edge of the glass where it is curved for the circular dials.

I know the BeoSound 5 at the dealer is still a model in development before early next year, but this is something that must urgently be addressed. I am amazed B&O didn't discover this problem before releasing the BeoSound 5 at the dealerships. 

Filed under:
  • 12-21-2008 3:11 PM In reply to

Re: Embarrassing!

Had a quick look the other day - certainly not a wow design. Smaller than I expected and the controls were too light without the feedback I would expect. Obviously this is a pre-production model but I do wonder how it would cope with my music collection. I have nearly 3000 titles of just Mozart and searching through them could be interesting! It didn't seem to have as advanced a search mechanism as iTunes.

I will have another look once it is fully working. 

• 12-22-2008 3:25 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Peter :

Had a quick look the other day - certainly not a wow design. Smaller than I expected and the controls were too light without the feedback I would expect. Obviously this is a pre-production model..

It's not going to change design at all. It's shipping in various places from end of January. Therefore the design will already be tooled up and production ready to roll.

• 12-22-2008 5:11 AM In reply to

Nothing wrong with it design,I think it's a real B&O Product!

• 12-22-2008 6:41 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Stars:

Noticed two problems on the BeoSound 5 at my local dealer. There are some dead pixels on the LCD and dust has gathered underneath the glass and is now trapped there. This has especially built up under the edge of the glass where it is curved for the circular dials.

I know the BeoSound 5 at the dealer is still a model in development before early next year, but this is something that must urgently be addressed. I am amazed B&O didn't discover this problem before releasing the BeoSound 5 at the dealerships. 

Dead pixels can always be an issue on LC-Displays.  If it's embarassing or not depends on Bang & Olufsen and how they deal with problems like this.
    Does anybody know if they will exchange the Beosound 5 controller if it has dead pixels and dust under the screen?

DUST is s.th. I DO NOT want to discover when buying a Beosound 5. It doesn't have interchangeble faceplates like some mobile phones, so it should be completely closed.

• 12-22-2008 7:07 PM In reply to

The contrast screen can be easily unscrewed from the rear and cleaned.
    However, that is not the point.
    10%
  • 12-26-2008 5:17 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Mr10Percent:
    The contrast screen can be easily unscrewed from the rear and cleaned.
    However, that is not the point.
    10%

Ok, so that's no problem.

But what about B&Os service policy when this thing has dead pixels?

• 12-26-2008 11:52 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

I guess it should be covered by the warranty?

But quite honestly if that was a pre-production model obviously they are checking how this works with the rest of the Beoliving.

My personal opinion is that this product will not solve problems but could create some more headaches!!!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 12-28-2008 12:24 PM In reply to

• V13WNG
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-11-2007
    • Eastbourne, East Sussex, ENG
    • Posts 200
    • Bronze Member

I have been speaking to the production team in Struer about issues I am finding, and a few dealers have been issued with replacement BeoSound 5 units as a result.

Spiros, let me know the details of this dealer and I'll forward them onto HQ.

Muchos Gracias Cool

• 12-28-2008 2:38 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Hello Matt,

Atually it wasn't me having seen this Beosound 5! I'd love to but it is still too early for Greece.

Many thanks for the attention though!

Regards

Spiros

Best regards

Spiros

• 01-27-2009 6:03 PM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

Friend of mine went to a showroom in Hertfordshire the other day and  a bl**dy ant crawled underneath the display glass during the demonstration!!!!!!!!!!

So now the only redeeming feature, which was meant to be build quality, of this ill conceived bunch of software/reborn BeoMedia (that most customers hated or never bought), is again brought into question.

Struer, so near yet so far. Again..........................................................................!

Seriously though, the BeoSound 5 is truly original and i can forgive any teething problems as it has the capability to be a head unit for something decent. As for the BeoMaster 5 (500GB are you having a larf!!)  IMHO is at best outdated, but when relying on Beoplayer to load content is quite frankly cr*p.

• 01-27-2009 7:19 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Surprise How embarrassing for the dealer!!
    I have just come back from the Tuesday night pub quiz, and the new juke box in the pub was awesome!
    The large touch screen made it a joy to use.  Everybody cracked up when I said "I want one!"

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)