in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-17-2008 12:39 PM by auric. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-14-2008 3:17 AM

• Tony2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-14-2008
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

9500 WONT TURN ON

Ive just purchased a 9500 from eBay described as in perfect working order. It was posted to me wrapped in bubble wrap inside a cardboard box. Upon trying it for the first time I heared a relay click, and I tried to open the CD door. It opened halfway then stopped. Now there is absolutely no life when plugged in {not even a click sound} can you suggest where  I start looking for the problem.
  • 11-14-2008 5:51 AM In reply to

Re: 9500 WONT TURN ON

I think the first thing to do is to try and return it to the seller for a refund. Obviously not as described!

How did you pay for it? Paypal?

Have you checked the fuse in the plug!!!

There are a number of fuses on the Beocenter 9500, any of which could have blown. If it is a fuse, why did it blow?

Regards Graham

• 11-15-2008 3:24 PM In reply to

Or you could send it to Graham for repair ;)
  • 11-16-2008 1:28 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Although the worry then could be that the failure is quite substantial, in which case you would be better to just send it back to the seller...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 11-17-2008 2:21 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Welcome to Beoworld !  Yes -  thumbs up 

I've had quite a few of these in for repairs lately. They seem to develop cracked solders in the power supply and voltage regulators areas, causing different functions to not work.

Since this problem is of a mechanical and vibration sensitive nature I suppose this could easily get worse in transport and I wouldn't rush to blame the seller as there's a good chance it was working fine before shipping.

Martin

• 11-17-2008 12:39 PM In reply to

Re: 9500 / power supply / surges

Hi Martin:

I was speaking to some B&O service people about the 9500.  They have noticed that over the years they have seen many 9500s brought in for repair due to power surges. In all instances these surges takes out several of the leds under the sensi-touch controls.

Have you seen this and do you recommend a modification such as the adding a movistor across the mains before the transformer?

BTW... I also note lots of problems with cold solder joints on older B&O products.  I recently repaired a BC2500. The mech wouldn't spin up at all. I went for changing the laser filter capacitor first but this did not fix the problem. By chance I started to flex the D/A pcb and it came to life. It turns out that there was a few cold solder joints on the riser card where the flex cable connects.

Derek

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)