in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-10-2008 4:05 PM by fschlagel. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-06-2008 1:42 AM

• fschlagel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-06-2008
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

BeoVision 7 with BeoLab 7 - BeoSound Ouverture with BeoLab 8000, master linked and MAC Integration Problem

Greetings,

I am new to the Forum  and would appreciate your help to see if there is a way to fix my problem.  I have a configuration currently of a BeoVision  7 32"with a Beolab 7.1 speaker masterlinked to a BeoSound Ouverture with BeoLab 8000 speakers.  I have recently connected my PowerBook DVI-I  to the DVI-I port on the BeoVision and connected the Powerbook minijack to the A4 R-L on the BeoVision.  The Video works perfectly.  The Sound goes to the BeoLab 7.1 without any issues.  

My ISSUE is trying to get the MAC sound over the Masterlink to the BeoSound 8000's ( example I press AV...PC ) to try to activate the 8000s with the pc sound but it doesn't work on the BEO4 remote.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I would really like to get this setup so that I can show some Video clips I have put together with better sound quality.

many thanks for your advise. 

Federico Schlagel
  • 11-06-2008 5:21 AM In reply to

Re: BeoVision 7 with BeoLab 7 - BeoSound Ouverture with BeoLab 8000, master linked and MAC Integration Problem

AV4 must be configured as PC.   HDTV - DVI-I, sound is routed through the phono connectors automatically.  Press LIST until you see PC and then GO
  • 11-06-2008 5:39 AM In reply to

Re: BeoVision 7 with BeoLab 7 - BeoSound Ouverture with BeoLab 8000, master linked and MAC Integration Problem

Are your Beovision 7 and Ouverture in the same room?

If so you should connect all speakers to the Beovision. You can enjoy surround sound.

p.

• 11-07-2008 2:57 AM In reply to

• fschlagel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-06-2008
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Thank you for the answers.  

Yes my BEOvision 7 and Ouverture are in the same room (opposite sides of the room).  So what you are saying is that it is best to connect the 8000s to the Beovision 7.  Does that mean when I play music the TV needs to be on or is there a passthrough that only the speakers are on.

What is the most optimal setup / configuration 

sorry for the simple questions.

Federico Schlagel
  • 11-07-2008 4:55 AM In reply to

• matheyl
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • French Alps
    • Posts 228
    • Founder

If everything's in the same room, optimal config seems to be BL8000s connected to the BV7, for sure. When you play music from the Ouverture, the TV's on, but the picture is muted.

Nothing changes from the music playing point of view, but you'll enjoy a new sonore dimension when watching TV or playing DVDs...

Greets from France,

Laurent.

Avant 28 DVD, BC2, 2300, BL2500, 8000, to name a few...

• 11-07-2008 6:24 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

The answer is the same as to your PC question. Connect your Beolabs to the Beovision, set BV7 to V.OPT 2 and Ouverture to A.OPT 0.

How to do that? Have a look at page 50 of your BV7 reg guide - if you have a MKIII. Video- and audio system must be linked.

Everything should work fine now. 

Stefan 

• 11-07-2008 8:58 AM In reply to

You will also need to go in the menu of your TV and change the sound settings.

You need to tell the TV that the Beolab 8000 are connected.

You need to do the surround setting and indicate the distance between yourself and the various speakers.

You can set the default speaker configuration when using the audio source, and when using the video source. You can always override this configuration when listening or viewing something by using the SPEAKER softkey on the Beo4.

You should not have to use the AV key any longer.

The TV will turn itself off if you start an audio source. and vice versa.

When listening to TV program that have dolby information or DVD, you will here different sound in the 3 speakers.

If you have some Timer programming, like to wake you up in the morning, remove them from the Beosound and enter them in the TV.

I hope your Beolab are on each side of your TV. You'll love your new setup.

p.

• 11-10-2008 4:05 PM In reply to

• fschlagel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-06-2008
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Thanks to all for the quick reply.  I have rewired my living room as all of you specified and indeed, the new setup is worth the B&O price tag.  I wish I had this setup when it was first installed.  Thanks to all.  

The one thing I noticed is now if I switch from TV, DTV, or DVD, to Radio or to A-AUX the sound level is really too high on the Radio and A-AUX.  Is there a way to control that?

Once again,  I appreciate all of the help, 

Federico Schlagel
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)