in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-10-2008 4:04 AM by tournedos. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-09-2008 4:09 PM

BeoMaster 7000 Tuner/Amplifier - Line in/Out socket use?

The socket is blanked off with some sort of plastic cap.

Is this removable and if so what can it be used for - the notes I have read suggest the use of an equaliser.

I want to record with a Creative DAP jukebox - I can playback using a tape socket but am unable to

record via the same. Any suggestions?  

• 11-09-2008 4:16 PM In reply to

Re: BeoMaster 7000 Tuner/Amplifier - Line in/Out socket use?

This actually connects the pre and power amplifiers and if you remove the plug, the power amplifier will get no signal. Obviosly a graphic equaliser will take the signal, process it and send it back (never heard of anyone actually doing this!! I do however use a similar connection on my Beomaster 5500 to attach a good headphone amplifier which takes in signal and then sends it unaltered back, Why can't you use a Tape socket? It has both input and output.
  • 11-09-2008 4:25 PM In reply to

Peter, thank you for your prompt reply. I have tried to record using the tape socket but the sound is barely noticeable - could it have anything to do with the lead which is has 5 pins or perhaps I should suspect that the jukebox is at fault.
  • 11-09-2008 5:04 PM In reply to

I guess it is the cable. What sort of input output sockets are on the jukebox and what sort of cable do you have. If it has RCA plugs, you need a 4 RCA plug to 5 pin DIN lead and if mini-jackplugs, again you need two stereojacks to 5 pin DIN. I attach the specs for the 6500 which is as good as identical to the 7000.

• 11-09-2008 6:18 PM In reply to

The lead has a mini jack to a 5 din which was advertised for use between the ipod and b & o equipment.

The jukebox has a mini jack line-in socket and 2 mini jacks line-out sockets.

If I use the lead between jukebox line out (1 jack) and the 7000 tape 1 or 2 playback is fine but plugging line-in to tape does not work at all well when I try to record with the jukebox.

I have viewed the jukebox notes again and it suggests using a pre-amplified source, for instance an md line-out to the jukebox line-in. I guess it is not possible to do what I am attempting to do after all. Thank you for your time and patience. 

• 11-10-2008 4:04 AM In reply to

chtmorag:

The lead has a mini jack to a 5 din which was advertised for use between the ipod and b & o equipment.

Then it has only left and right connections (+ ground) from the iPod to a B&O input. It can't magically change direction when you connect it to some other DIN socket, they always have both in & out in dedicated pins.

You need a four-way DIN to RCA adapter and two pieces of RCA to jack adapters, then you just connect the DIN to (say) tape 1 on the BM7000 and off you go, in both directions. But at least there's no reason to suspect there's anything wrong with your BM7000 Smile

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)