in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-09-2008 11:17 AM by R Patton. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-08-2008 8:48 PM

Beogram 4500 vs Beogram 6500 Turntables

I am contemplating buying a B&O turntable in the near future and was wanting opinion on the Beogram 4500 and the Beogram 6500.

I love the look of  both of these turntables, so the aesthtics is not an issue

Since I have a Beosound 9000 and a Beosystem 1 running a BV 4 the built-in RIAA is an attractive feature. I know I can pick up a cheap pre-amp for other tables and I know B&O has several quality turntables, but I have narrowed it down to these two.

Anyone care to give me some opinion as to which is the better performer? 

• 11-09-2008 2:44 AM In reply to

Re: Beogram 4500 vs Beogram 6500 Turntables

The turntables are identical (assuming the same cartridge) apart from aesthetic differences in the dust cover and colours/trim etc.

I would suggest that you consult with one of the super expensive cable brigade. No doubt they have found some sonic differences depending on the shape of the dust cover (resonances?) and the colour of the various surfaces.Laughing

Regards Graham

• 11-09-2008 3:53 AM In reply to

Agree with Graham - they are the same deck. To be honest, this series of record players are fine sonically but will not set the world alight. They are very light weight and so some consideration must be given to where you will put them. The wall mount which is a heavy steel shelf well hidden by the body of the Beogram  is a good solution. With a MMC2 or similar they are a good deck and will not damage your records which is an important consideration!
  • 11-09-2008 11:17 AM In reply to

Thanks for the comments.  You answerd my question.  I was concerened about any significant differences or known problems.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)