in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-10-2008 4:15 AM by tournedos. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-09-2008 11:20 PM

• mcclaren
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-10-2008
    • Australia
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Connecting Beogram 8000 to Denon AV receiver

Hi,

I have a Beogram 8000 which was originally part of a Beolab 8000. I don't have the BeoMaster 8000 any more and want to connect the Beogram 8000 to the phonogram input RCA sockets of my Denon 2809 AV Receiver. Originally the Beogram 8000 was connected to the BeoMaster with a 7pin DIN cable. Can I successfully connect the Beogram 8000 to the Denon using a 5-pin Din to dual RCA cable, or do I need a special cable? If a standard cable won't work, where would I obtain one that would?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Andrew.

Filed under:
  • 11-10-2008 4:15 AM In reply to

Re: Connecting Beogram 8000 to Denon AV receiver

Hi Andrew, and welcome to Beoworld Yes -  thumbs up

You also need to have the ground lead from the sleeve of the DIN to the earth contact on your amp, otherwise you will get terrible hum.

I've seen these for sale but unfortunately can't suggest any particular place. If you can't find one, you can temporarily use a separate jump wire from the amp earth and stick the other end between the sleeves of the DIN connectors. Should work well enough until you find a suitable adapter.

Oh yes, the adapter also needs to be from the DIN to the RCAs - these dual RCA adapters are directional, since the DIN has stereo connections both ways. For this reason, I always buy DIN to 4 RCA -adapters, the two extra RCAs possibly hanging free won't do any harm.

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)