in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-25-2008 10:57 AM by rroyce. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-22-2008 6:14 PM

my beomaster 8000

hello all,

very happy to have found this forum....as i have just bought a second hand beomaster 8000 but did'nt manage to pick up the matching cd player nor  tape player. i'm rather miffed..!!!

anyway, i'm happy but had to ask all you guys a couple of questions....thx for your time,

1 - i'm having it sent by mail....any précautions to take...? i know its heavy and i'm affraid it might get here in pieces...( unfortunately i can't drive too far to pick it up either.

2 - i know i'm going to sound outrageous but here goes......i only have a pair of bose 301 and RL60 red line BO,s speakers.! will this be compatible..?

3 - i also have a beogram CD 3300 i suppose it will work, but would my REGA Appollo work too....would i need special cables...?

thanks very much for your help 

looking forward to this forum often.....excellent topics by real enthousiasts

thx

• 10-22-2008 6:23 PM In reply to

Re: my beomaster 8000

sorry..for these questions but i need to know whether a Beomaster 8000 + CD3300 (or Rega appollo ) is a better combination than a possible Beomaster 4500 / Beogram 4500 with wall mounting capacity in a 80 square meter lounge...always with my crappy 301s but will be changed at a later date....

bye

• 10-22-2008 6:55 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Hi Royce,

Welcome to BeoWorld!  The BeoMaster 8000 is a terrific piece, I have one as well, and love it when it's out.  The RL's and 301's should both work just fine.  You will need the 2-pin male DIN speaker adaptors though.  

As for which master is a better fit, that will depend on your taste.  I will tell you that a properly working BeoMaster 8000 is massively powerful, so be ready for it!

As for shipping: iffy at best.  Ask that the shipper put some sort of hard bottom in the carton, and make an effort to see to it that the unit isn't on end or edge while being shipped.  The BM-8000 is quite heavy, but the connection between the main body and the amplifier section is 'suspended' between them, and at this age it can be a bit fragile if flexed or twisted.

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 10-23-2008 1:46 AM In reply to

Agree with above. The problem will be if some poor chap drops it! I had one that was dropped and it caused a lot of damage!

The Rega CD player should fit well. There was no matching CD player - I use a CDX. They fit through the Tape 2 connections which use RCA sockets. 

Well worth finding the cassette player - a Beocord 8004 would probably be the one to get and should be very cheap.

• 10-23-2008 4:57 AM In reply to

thanks very much guys for your reply....the last question i was going to ask was simply  : will i be disappointed with the quality of the sound from beomaster 4500 when compared to the 8000...?

is ti evident to jump straight into the 8000 or is the 4500 really worth a look into....?

cheers...

• 10-23-2008 6:27 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

The two really are a completely different kettle of fish. To be honest though, without wanting to offend, I doubt you would notice a huge difference on Bose 301s. The RL60s should be able to pick up differences with any issues however.

RE the CD players, the Rega Apollo is a truly fantastic player, and well up to the standards which the BeoMaster 8000 should demand. The Apollo is one of my favourite players actually...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 10-23-2008 9:35 AM In reply to

thanks alex.... so from what i gather, the 8000 is really better than the 4500 series no matter what CD player you hook up to it....

i will keep the 8000 and try find some way to pick it up....i suppose if the capacitors are in a bad state its still worth the hassle...

thanks guys..

• 10-23-2008 12:33 PM In reply to

I can't say anything about the 4500 series exept the design is cool and its proberly as good as it looks.

Nearly 95% of Jacob Jensen deisgn B&O can describe to that.

I'm a owner of a complete Beolab 8000 system and keeping it running is worth the cost. Whatever the style of music the Beomaster 8000 handles it really pro even compared to hifi and can still blow 2008 systems out of the water soundwise. Be it vinyl, cassete, radio or added stuff like a CDX. In my case I use DAT a few times and its being handled with ease.

There will always be a marked for the Beolab 8000 system and those that are maintained with service will provide higher value if you evently will sell it.

• 10-24-2008 2:41 PM In reply to

Hi,

I've never been able to find fault with the Beomaster 8000, I think it's a great amp.  The 4500 (and similar 3500) Beomaster amp is fine at lower volumes, but can struggle in larger rooms with low-output speakers.  My usual rule of thumb is that if normal listening takes you above 50% of full volume then you need a bigger amp!

For me, a 3500 with Redline 60 speakers needs 30 to 36% volume for music, so this is fine.  At these levels, I can't fault it.  If you need BIG sounds, you may need to resort to the extra power of the 8000.

Best regards,

Steve.

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

• 10-25-2008 10:57 AM In reply to

thx steve.....

that analysis seems to be quite appropriate at this moment in time...i somewhat thought that the 4500 was good but maybe just for a bedroom or small living room....

having said that, i live in an appartment...so volume is an issue from the first place...! excellent sound quality at low volume is a must..!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)