in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-26-2008 4:19 PM by Surreymike. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-24-2008 5:48 PM

Help re DVD controller

I have been using a DVD controller on an Avant 32 TV for many years but the BEO4 remote does not seem to operate the DVD anymore...I have a second Avant with the same setup and this also seems to have stopped working with the remote IR eye but works with Panasonics own remote...... sound and picture are perfect.

Any suggestions as to how to work out what has gone wrong...what to test ???  Is it possible to 'see ' the IR signal from the DVD contoller IR device ?

Thanks

Michael

• 10-25-2008 3:01 AM In reply to

Re: Help re DVD controller

Michael,

A very warm welcome to Beoworld..

Given that you appear to be having the same problem with both AVANT's and assuming you are using the same Beo4 to control both AVANT's then it maybe the battery's in the Beo4 may need replacing as a first step.

Regards Keith....

• 10-25-2008 7:48 PM In reply to

As Keith says, certainly replace the batteries. I too have a DVD Controller and so far about twice when I have had to clean the unit that the system sits in on reconnecting all cables back up I too experienced the unit not responding to the Beo 4. I find that disconnecting the DVD Controller adaptor form the power socket, also removing the DVD PLayer too from the power and then plugging everything in with the power off and then turn power on seems to work. 

Peter 

• 10-26-2008 4:19 PM In reply to

Changed batteries and removed power etc and everything is back to normal...thanks to Keith and Peter for your assistance !

Michael

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)