in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-16-2008 4:45 PM by joeyboygolf. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-16-2008 7:48 AM

• becho4
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-18-2008
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Aluminum scratch removal

Has anynone been able to remove scratches from the aluminum surface of beolab 6000, 8000 or similar?

Just something like the one in the picture.

If so, could you please tell us the trick?

Smile 

• 10-16-2008 12:19 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Aluminum scratch removal

You won't get those out.  Sorry to be a killjoy, but if a B&O aluminium cabinet is scratched, you will not remove these unless you get the casing professionally refurbished and re-anodised.  Any attempts short of that will look awful.

How do i know? - I've tried it a hundred times a hundred different ways! Laughing

It will be much easier for you to simply buy a new casing from B&O if you can't live with the scratch.

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 10-16-2008 2:52 PM In reply to

A new case for BL8000 is around £80 but you then have to transfer all the bits! Not difficult but will take you an hour or two.

First you have to find a dealer who will sell you the cases!

All in all I'd live with the scratches, they won't show unless you go looking 'round the back.

Regards Graham

• 10-16-2008 2:57 PM In reply to

£80.00???

That's less than cost price!

• 10-16-2008 2:59 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

I have to agree with both Lee & Graham,

once you start messing with this type of anodised surface you will make it far worse than the few scratches you have now - you'll DEFINATELY regret it.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 10-16-2008 3:12 PM In reply to

BEOKNOW:

£80.00???

That's less than cost price!

My dealer quoted me £84 about 3 months ago NOT including a top or a cone. Now, a top is around £20 and the last time I bought a cone I'm sure it was a lot less than £100

Regards Graham

• 10-16-2008 3:16 PM In reply to

OMG. Wouldn't it be cheaper then if we buy all the parts separately and assemble it ourselves? 80 pounds seems so unlikely though. Try asking again. 
  • 10-16-2008 3:20 PM In reply to

Just double checked the cost price...can't tell you it, but if a dealer (and I'm guessing Cambridge) will sell you one for £84.00 I'll be amazed... some unusually large price increases recently (Avant 32" chassis for one), and of course some reductions...!

Nearer £120...or more!!!

• 10-16-2008 4:45 PM In reply to

BEOKNOW:

Just double checked the cost price...can't tell you it, but if a dealer (and I'm guessing Cambridge) will sell you one for £84.00 I'll be amazed... some unusually large price increases recently (Avant 32" chassis for one), and of course some reductions...!

Nearer £120...or more!!!

I won't have anything to do with the Cambridge store. That is the price I was quoted. The prices have gone up recently because some unscupulous service agents were buying the bits for speakers and building them for less than the cost of the real thing. Strange but true.

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)