in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-21-2009 3:30 PM by rayfenwick. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-15-2009 8:15 AM

OT - Ferguson Radiogram

Hi All

Not sure where to start with this one, but my Gran recently passed away and left behind a mint late 50s Ferguson radiogram that we'd like to see go to a good home. Having owned a 900RG myself, I know that these things are devilshly hard to move on. Anyone know of any radiogram collectors or Ferguson enthusiasts that might be a good place to start??

Ps - not sure if the elctronics are working or not. Only thing I'm sure of is that it is 100% mint in terms of the cabinet work.

TIA

John

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 04-15-2009 9:01 AM In reply to

Re: OT - Ferguson Radiogram

Hi John:

I might be interested as for some reason I like collecting silly items of furniture. However, could you provide me some details by PM relating to its size (full length, or smaller unit) and colour/type of veneer.

Also, where are you located?

Thanks

Graham

• 04-15-2009 11:14 AM In reply to

Hi Graham

Probably the best thing I can do is to go up and take a photo or two for you. This is unlikely to be before the weekend at the earliest. Hope that's ok?

I'm in Sheffield, but the radiogram is in north Leeds.

• 04-15-2009 12:14 PM In reply to

Hi:

OK cool, yeah weekend would be fine. It is beginning to sound complicated, but if it is particularly good it may well be worth a look.

Thanks

Graham

• 04-15-2009 1:33 PM In reply to

No worries Graham

I'll post the photos into this thread.

I should have been clearer though - collection only from Leeds. You'll need an estate car to fit it into too!

• 04-20-2009 8:08 AM In reply to

Ok - here are some photos:

Just to re-cap, the cabinet looks like walnut to me, but certainly is in great shape. When we plugged it in unfortunately nothing happened, but as this is a valve set there could be a myriad of reasons causing this. If Graham/anyone else is interested then they can have it for free on a collection only basis from Horsforth in north Leeds. Otherwise, and it pains me to say it, this will be getting skipped. Please - someone take it off our hands and look after it :)

• 04-20-2009 8:40 AM In reply to

Working or not, I'd much rather have that radiogram than the TV beside it! Laughing

Looks grand, I hope it finds a good home...

-mika

• 04-21-2009 3:30 PM In reply to

tournedos:

Working or not, I'd much rather have that radiogram than the TV beside it! Laughing

Looks grand, I hope it finds a good home...

If my dad were still alive, I would have got it for him.  To see him operate a radiogram etc you'd never know he was completely blind.

Hope it finds a good home - it looks a really nice piece.

PS: Nice reflection in the glass too! Wink

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)