in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-11-2008 4:40 AM by david707. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-05-2008 4:18 PM

Picture format MX4002

Hi Gang,

The question is simple but the answer not (for me anyway)!

Kitchen TV which is MX4002 and linked to BV3 and BS9000 in front room and Sky+. All linked and working fine, except the picture format on the MX4002 when watching sky is wrong (squashed). I assume this is due to the sky signal coming from the BV3 masterlink and aerial and not the sky box and the fact that the sky picture is coming in in widescreen.

Any idea how to change the picture format on the MX? I have tried Format on the Beo4 but that dont seem to work.

Hope this makes sense. 

Regards. 

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 04-05-2008 4:40 PM In reply to

Re: Picture format MX4002

Only MX4200 has 16/9 format, the only way is to set your sky box to 4/3. when your in your kitchen.

• 04-05-2008 5:14 PM In reply to

Thanks Stig.

I feared that might be the answer, i also thought that you would be the first to help me.

You are a legend. Smile

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 04-05-2008 6:07 PM In reply to

Your welcome Smile anytime...
  • 10-10-2008 4:24 PM In reply to

Actually, I have a possible solution for that... But I have not tried it.

On the sky box itself, there is a 2 RF output, one for the main TV, and one for a second room. In the SKY menu settings, you have a format setting for the main room and another one for the 2nd room.

I would try the following:

Set the main room to 16:9 and the 2nd room to 4:3.

I would connect the Areal to the sky box, the sky box to the TV by the Scart plug and the RF cable.

On the link room TV, I would tune the LINK DTV frequency to the frequency of the Skybox rather than the BV3.

If the SKY box is the only video source that is accessed from link room, you can connect the RF output of the sky box directly to the MX4200 for a better picture quality. 

Not sure if that's clear... but quite sure it would work ;-)

• 10-11-2008 4:40 AM In reply to

I'm told Sky boxes output just one format as they only have one video processor. The "second location picture format" needs a TV link eye powered by the RF2 connection. Only when the box senses that the command is from RF2 will the picture change to the chosen format. With the present software variant even that does'nt work! It is a nuisance as most people still have 4:3 TV's around.

Good old analogue thankfully looks good on all TV's and has the huge advantage of the teletext system.

David

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)