in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-15-2009 10:03 AM by Seanie_230. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (22 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-10-2009 5:40 PM

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

off topic: phillips pronto

hello all

my stb controller on my bv7 is really annoying me as it does not turn on the sky box half the time.

i am also thinking of getting a phillips pronto to conrtol my external devices and B&o and putting the beo4 in the draw?

does the pronto control B&o well enuf with the frrequeney, also i see you can conrtol a box in a cupboard like the sky box in the draw, with remote extenders?

sorry off topic but need hlep???

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 01-10-2009 7:18 PM In reply to

Re: off topic: phillips pronto

Hi Sean,

Join the club! I have a Sky HD box as well as the built in DVD Tuner in the BV7-40 Mark III. Having SKy I obviously use that rather than the built in tuner for channel choice etc. However, when I turn on the TV every day - I have to use V.AUX, so on a Beo 4 for example its: List... V.AUX... Go... it turns on the TV but NOT the Sky box, which it should, simultaneously. The way round it is to then press Go... 1... 1... and that switches on the Sky box! Quite bizarre, but hope that helps. At the end of the day I am personally not too fussed as I have got used to it, and the good thing about the Beo 5 remote (which is currently being programmed to control my Lutron dim settings throughout the home) is that it can run/execute a series of commands at once - think macros in PC terms - so in essence, buying and using a Beo 5 is the answer! In that way, you can get the desired result at the push of a single button!

Simon.

• 01-10-2009 7:38 PM In reply to

The BeoVision 7 MkIII has power management features. I've found that if peripherals are coming out of sync, it's generally because those power management settings are incorrect.

It is true that the Beo 5 will offer you more flexibility, but you shouldn't need it just to keep the boxes in sync.  

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 01-10-2009 7:56 PM In reply to

• Ryan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toronto
    • Posts 29
    • Bronze Member

Hi Sean, I have a pronto and it does support the B&O frequency. It can also use an RF extender to control hidden equipment or trigger screens lowering and so forth.

Configuration of the pronto is not exactly easy but I guess that is part of it being so powerful. You configure it all from a PC.

I found it was easiest to start with an example file from http://www.remotecentral.com/files/index.html and modify that to suit my needs.

Ryan 

• 01-11-2009 3:36 AM In reply to

This sounds ridiculous. Even my AV9000, which has Sky attached as V.Aux, switches the Sky box on and off and as the V.Aux is the channel first on the list, it is displayed on the Beo4 essentially all the time so we just press Go to start it up. Have a go with the Product Configuration Guide to see if there is not a better way.
  • 01-11-2009 3:39 AM In reply to

Actually it shows the lack of buttons on the Beo4. TV is rapidly becoming redundant and we need two DVB buttons - one for the internal DVB module and one for the external STB. Maybe TV needs to be relegated to the List! I suppose it is still needed for setting the set up but with big flat screens being the norm and analogue switch off looming, it would seem to be the way forward.
  • 01-11-2009 4:43 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

The_Beonic_Man:

Hi Sean,

Join the club! I have a Sky HD box as well as the built in DVD Tuner in the BV7-40 Mark III. Having SKy I obviously use that rather than the built in tuner for channel choice etc. However, when I turn on the TV every day - I have to use V.AUX, so on a Beo 4 for example its: List... V.AUX... Go...

I don't understand Simon. Why don't you just assign Sky to the V.MEM button? I simply assigned V.MEM, press that and the TV and Sky box will turn on.

• 01-11-2009 4:43 AM In reply to

The problems with the Sky box switch on could be one of two issues.  Firstly it could be a set-up problem, for instance if you have set your BV7 to never switch off your STB but the Sky box has it's power save mode on, then itwill switch itself to standby and the BV7 does not know to turn it on because it thinks it is already on.  In this instance change you STB setting to switch off at standby and you should not see the problem again.  The second issue is related to the PUC software switching off the STB when it shouldn't and that has been resolved in the latest SW release (no idea of the the actual number - sorry, but you could ask your dealer).

Put simply the Sky box should switch on without a problem if all the elements are set-up correctly.

• 01-11-2009 5:33 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

hello all

thanks for the replies

well i have the standby option off it always has been.

also 

last night when i came home i pressed V.MEM and my tv came on but no sky hd box switch on (power manadgment set to off at source change) i pressed Go 1 + 1 but nothing

i looked at the sky box while pressing buttons on the beo4 and it only flashes red for a responce when using up down left or right

once on it works noramlly

i had the power manadgment set to always on and it woudl not respond to the other buttons until i pressed a number first.

I had a pronto years ago and i think i might get one and bypass the PUC as since i have had this TV all i have had is problems with it, firstly 4.24 tc crashes for months and had to prove to B&o that it was broken as the usual responce is no one else has this problems

and i fear it may be harder this time as its only myself who seems to have this problem.

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 01-11-2009 5:35 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

meandmyshadow:
    The second issue is related to the PUC software switching off the STB when it shouldn't and that has been resolved in the latest SW release (no idea of the the actual number - sorry, but you could ask your dealer).

Put simply the Sky box should switch on without a problem if all the elements are set-up correctly.

hi there is this a puc update or a tv update as i have software 5.02 for the TV and if you can confirm some numbers ill look at mine???

Thanks

i need info to give to my dealer

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 01-11-2009 5:41 AM In reply to

You clearly have a problem with your system and the fact that you feel you are the only one with the problem does not mean that there is no fault.

As stated by many others, your configuration should work perfectly and I suggest we investigate the problem in further depth and get the dealer to resolve it for you rather than using the Pronto solution.

Regards Keith....

• 01-11-2009 5:45 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

i do agree with you tbh but i dont know what to do now, what puc sw do you all have?

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 01-11-2009 6:04 AM In reply to

The Beovision 7 Mark III has a PUC which means the STB (Set Top Box) Infra Red control information is loaded into it by your dealer using a software tool. The data is held in an NVRAM (Non Volatile Ramdom Access Memory) but this memory can fail and/or data previously load may have been corrupt.

So, assuming you are not a technical person and have no means of testing the Infra-Red signal coming from the IR transmitter, then I would suggest as a first step you get your dealer to reload the PUC with your STB requirements and test again. This update is done using a laptop PC and takes just a few minutes.

Regards Keith....

• 01-11-2009 6:54 AM In reply to

In addition to Keiths suggestion have the TV's software updated at the same time, because they have identified some STB issues and resolved them in the latest release.  Sorry but i do not know what that release is but your dealer will.
  • 01-11-2009 7:03 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

oh who has a list of the fixes in software after 5.02 anyone??

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 01-11-2009 7:52 AM In reply to

The latest software version is 5.04

I understand that Beovision software version 4.24a fixes the following PUC related issues:-

• STB-C sends digits too fast, HDR records wrong channel
    • Product does not start up when Sony STB is connected
    • Inverted colours and flashing picture after pressing ‘FORMAT’ + ‘GO’ only seen with very few STB-C’s and a few BeoSystem 3

Version 5.02 fixes the following PUC related issues:-

• Intermittent loss of the PUC Table

So, if you get your dealer to update your Beovision 7 software to the latest revision AND reload the PUC and review the situation after those actions have been done.

Regards Keith....

• 01-11-2009 9:16 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

i already have 5.02 on my TV so maybe its just the PUC table that might be damadged

i will ask them to come and flash it.

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 01-11-2009 9:34 AM In reply to

Also ask them to check the power settings on you STB. I'm sorry to hear that you dealer has been less than excited to help you get your system working. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 01-14-2009 7:51 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

hi there spoke to my dealer today and have been told there was a new SW version yesterday that will update the BV7 so it does not need a scart lead connected at the same time as the HDMI (unless you use link room).

This should fix a few of the sync problems im told

does anyone have the text from beowise?

Thanks

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 01-15-2009 8:54 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

BUMP - Anyone 5.04 fixes?

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 01-15-2009 9:56 AM In reply to

Apparently it provides fixes related to DVB-HD.

The next formal software update is not due until March

Regards Keith....

• 01-15-2009 10:03 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

I was told itremoves the need for scart on ther Puc unit