in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-10-2008 11:28 PM by anthonyfg. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-05-2008 8:22 PM

• anthonyfg
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-15-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Beomaster 8000 FM tuner issues (Type 1905)

hi there. i have a Beomaster 8000 (Type 1905). I've taken the unit to a B&O repair place here in Perth, Australia (Tonon Electronics), however the guy was unable to repair the complete FM tuner. There is no sound, nothing. Everything else works a treat. Any ideas? Much appreciated. Anthony
  • 09-06-2008 9:57 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beomaster 8000 FM tuner issues (Type 1905)

Anthony,

Welcome to Beoworld ! Yes -  thumbs up

Have your repairshop check if the tuner board works if lifted just a few millimeters up. The Beomasters bottom plate is held by a couple of screws and in some BM8000, the screw sitting under the tuner board(s) and near the front edge is too long. This means that it will short a track on the board(s) to the bottom plate which is grounded = no sound. I've seen this a couple of times. Also have them check that all connectors are on the CPU board. I am thinking praticularly of the 2 2-pin ones. There's one each end of the board and especially the left-most one pops off easily when the boards are in service position. It can also be pulled out of the plug at the other end of the same cable, causing the same fault.

Alternatively, I have a set of tuner boards for sale, used but tested good.

Martin

• 09-06-2008 8:00 PM In reply to

• anthonyfg
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-15-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

thanks for a speedy reply Martin. I will try and get the guy to check those things. For further diagnostic info, when you set the slider to Aut. Tune, there is no sound at all when pressing P1, P2, etc for the pre-programed stations (which I have tuned correctly for our stations here). However, when the slider is set to Man. Tune, there is only white noise going thru the whole range of fequencies.

Also, what would i be looking at (price) for a set of tuner boards, delivered to LA, California? (i live in Perth, but i have my mother in LA at the moment).

thanks again for your help...

Anthony. :-)

• 09-07-2008 11:30 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

The BM8000 tuner seems to be a very robust design. I've seen very few faults on these. I'm sure we can find a price if it proves faulty but do check those things first.

Martin

• 09-20-2008 12:18 AM In reply to

• anthonyfg
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-15-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

HI Martin. After checking both a short possibility from the bottom-plate screw beneath the tuner boards, and the 2 2-pin connectors on the CPU, still no joy.

would you be able to provide the price of a set of working tuner boards for me? also one of the LED displays, (the very right-most) has one segment missing which does not light up, and so numbers are not presented fully.... could you also price up an LED display? Shipping will be to LA, California. I also have a PayPal account for payment. I can be contacted at: ***@mail.com

many thanks for your words of wisdom

Awaiting your reply

Anthony.

EDIT: Email address removed by moderator Dillen (anti-spam), available at request.

• 10-10-2008 11:28 PM In reply to

• anthonyfg
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-15-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Hi Martin. Thanks have received the FM boards. Will have to get them installed, and will let you know.

Again, thanks. Anthony.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)