in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-10-2008 2:54 AM by a2bur. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-05-2008 5:15 AM

Apple TV and 576i

Can anyone with an Apple TV be kind enough to have a look at the Video options and see if they have 576i in the list ? I have an Apple Tv converter from the US so I can have it down the link to other TV's and they tell me this is an output option , all I have is 1080p , 1080i , 720p ,  576p & 480p , wondering if this UK Apple is different to a US version . On the converter website they show an Apple TV menu with 8 outputs including 576i  , I have only 5 choices and no 576i .
    Richard
    Got the Apple Tv from Amazon UK .
  • 10-05-2008 3:02 PM In reply to

Re: Apple TV and 576i

I checked mine, a US one. Same 5 settings. Can it be that the 576i will not show when you connect through HDMI?

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 10-05-2008 3:34 PM In reply to

Hi jk .      That's what the converter maker tells me , but if I disconnect the hdmi I can't get a picture to see if it's their . He said power down and connect from the apple with video component leads to the converter then composite to the Bv7-40 mk3 and power up , I then get the Apple Logo on the screen while the apple boots up , then after 5 or 10 seconds all I have is snow/interference . The converter maker says because I get the Apple Logo the 576i must be available but its' not holding it . Trying to get the Apple to a Bv6 link Tv but can't do it using hdmi to the 7 . The link to the converter is  http://www.svideo.com/ypbpr2svideo.html  , there is a link to a picture on it of the Apple Tv menu showing the 8 choices but I have only 5 .
                He also suggested connecting the Green component directly to the Tv ( this will be black and white ) to get a picture but still get the Logo then interference.
    Richard
  • 10-05-2008 4:45 PM In reply to

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=7969653&#7969653

search the apple forum. There is a remote combination that lets you change the resolution without going through the menu I believe. That should help.

Cheers

JK 

• 10-05-2008 6:09 PM In reply to

Thanks' jk . Will give it a go , getting a bit late here now so will have to wait till tomorrow .

Richard

• 10-06-2008 1:16 PM In reply to

Hi jk . Thanks' for the tip , power up the Apple and the hold the menu button and the    -   it then goes thru a start up , language first then all the outputs show and 576i is at the bottom . Experimented with the Bv6 first into the video side socket with the green component without the converter , now have to connect up to the BV7 and see if it goes down the link .
    Richard
  • 10-06-2008 2:55 PM In reply to

Great,

glad it worked out for you.

Cheers

JK

• 10-08-2008 1:16 PM In reply to

Hi JK . Couldn't get to work , tried  two different converters so I don't have to use hdmi and get it down the link to my Bv6 . Tried to get it set-up on the Bv7 first and had the B&o engineer try for a couple of hours and he couldn't do it either . Bit strange , get the Apple logo on the screen then Menu and  -  key to get to the output screen settings , select the output ( tried every one with the same results ) , then I got a Restart / diagnostics / reset to factory settings  screen , tried the first two but all I have is interference after the Restart or diagnostics .  Can see all the menu's but nothing else , can only get it to work with the hdmi .
    Richard
    Tried without the converters  ( green socket on the Apple to the video on the tv  ) can see the menu's but same end results . 
  • 10-09-2008 9:19 PM In reply to

I am not sure what this is. Are you saying the normal menu structure comes up and you just can't play movies?

• 10-10-2008 2:54 AM In reply to

Hi jk . Power up the apple then hold the Menu and  -  keys for a few seconds ( the light on it is shows amber ) . then I get a language screen , select English . then I get the list of outputs with 576i as one of them . Select one it then moves to a 3 choice screen , Reset / Diagnostics / Restore to factory settings . There is no way out of this menu and have to select one , the Diagnostics return you to the 3 choice menu after it's done it ,   the Reset choice says " this will not change your settings or content " and presume it applies the settings I have made , . After this procedure the screen goes to snow/interference . This is with a video or scart lead and without the hdmi connected , the B&o engineer couldn't find out what the output needed to be for the B&o Tv scart ect. so tried them all but same result .
            I can see the setup/menu screens whatever settings I have selected before , it seams to output the correct signal I need when booting up only .
    Richard

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)