in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-29-2008 2:19 AM by a2bur. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-11-2008 1:26 PM

Apple TV and ML

I have a BV7-40 Mk.111 with Apple Tv via HDMI and Bv6-22 on ML , is there a way to get this Apple TV on the Bv6 , nobody seams to know if it possible ? Because it's connected via HDMI to the 7 that's as far as it can go , is there another way to connect to get it to the 6 , just want picture and sound as I can control the Apple TV with my Touch , but would be nice to use the Beo4 like on the 7  ?
    Richard
  • 09-11-2008 1:49 PM In reply to

Re: Apple TV and ML

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 09-11-2008 2:02 PM In reply to

I think where it might get tricky is with the digital copyright protection. Soif you try to play a movie from teh Itunes store it wouldnt surprise me if that fails.

JK

• 09-11-2008 3:52 PM In reply to

All I'm after is getting the wife's music onto the kitchen Bv6 and also the artwork . Got a Touch in a ' iWantit ' dock next to the Tv at the moment connected with White/Red/Yellow but don't get the artwork , the dock's book says Yellow is the video feed but doesn't get thru . The other two dock outputs are s-video and Usb but the Tv doesn't have either input . Tried the s-video on the 7 but nothing , so I thinking this dock doesn't output video with a Touch . The Apple Tv is the best solution if it can be sent thru .
    Richard
  • 09-11-2008 4:01 PM In reply to

I would just get a 2nd apple TV to be honest. I dont think the Ipods will show the menu structure/cover art over the video out. It only outputs something when you play a video.

Cheers

JK

• 09-11-2008 4:19 PM In reply to

I was going to get another Apple Tv for this Bv6 but I don't think video can be connected as the Apple only has Usb / Hdmi / audio L&R and Component Video , so sound but can'nt see the menu/artwork , or am I wrong . I have got the remote function in the Touch so could use that to see to change tracks and playlists though .
    Richard
  • 09-11-2008 5:31 PM In reply to

If  connect this. Then the BV6 can show the Apple via BeoLink.
  • 09-11-2008 5:37 PM In reply to

If you search here, I think it can be connected. Maybe not through HDMI, I am not sure how teh BV6 will handle teh digitral sound but component to scart and analogue shudl work I believe.

JK

• 09-12-2008 2:46 AM In reply to

Hello Stig . That looks just the thing but as usual I now have other questions . If I get one of these and another Apple TV then job done , but how long could a lead be from the converter without significant loss to the BV6 as this way I wouldn't have to buy another Apple providing it can be controlled down the ML ?
    Richard
  • 09-14-2008 4:17 PM In reply to

If you use beolink the limit is 400M Smile. Note that that the apple should be connected to BV7 not the BV6. BV6 will get it signal from ML and the RF link out of the BV7.
  • 09-15-2008 2:23 AM In reply to

Hi Stig . My first thought was to run a cable from the Apple Tv converter to my 6 in the kitchen but obviously it should be connected to the 7 and use the link . I ordered one last week and let you know how it performs when it arrives .
    Richard
  • 09-15-2008 4:26 AM In reply to

OK fingers crossed Smile
  • 09-25-2008 2:44 AM In reply to

Got the apple tv converter today so will get it connected soon and see if it works ok .

Richard

• 09-26-2008 12:44 PM In reply to

No joy . Connected this converter from the apple tv then to the BV7-40 Mk3 via AV5 Video in then tried AV 2 scart but no picture . In the converter instructions you have to set the apple to pal 576i but that isn't available only 576p , tried all the video settings but no picture .  Is it this difference between i & p on the 576 settings that's the problem ?
    Richard
  • 09-26-2008 4:34 PM In reply to

Hmm. i is interlaced two Scan pr picture, used in normal TV broadcasts. P is progressive, one scan pr pic. used in PC's and HD-tv

so to send the signal down the aerial it has to Interlaced.

• 09-26-2008 5:01 PM In reply to

Have emailed the manufacturer saying that 576i isn't an option , only 576p . His reply below =
    =========================================================================
    No, the 576i should be an option - that option is available along with 480i, of course, you will not see either option unless you reset the Apple TV.

Try the following:

1. Disconnect the Apple TV from the power source.
    2. Wait at least a couple of minutes.
    3. Disconnect any HDMI cables that you may have connected.
    4. Connect the Component video cables to the Apple TV.
    5. Connect the Component video cables to the converter.
    6. Connect the S-Video or composite video cable to your TV.
    7. Make sure your TV is set to S-Video or composite video input channel.
    8. Reconnect the Apple TV to the power source.
    9. The Apple TV will take a few minutes to re-configure the video outputs
    10. Go to the settings and video input selection on the Apple TV
    11. Selelect 576i.

If you still do not see 576i, then try the following:

Instead of steps 4, 5 and 6 above...connect a video cable to the green channel input on the Apple TV and connect the same cable to the composite video input on the TV.  This will result in a black/white signal since the component video color channels are on the blue and red cables (that you are not connecting at this time.

This should trick the Apple TV to output the analog video signal instead of the HDMI signal.

If this does not work, disconnect the Apple TV from the power source, grab it with both hands, go outside and throw it as far as you can.

Ok, the above should not be necessary.

Regards,

Joe

• 09-29-2008 2:19 AM In reply to

Is there more output options on the US Apple Tv ( got it from Amazon Uk 4 weeks ago ) , I have only 5 , that's all the book and website shows ? Below is the answer to the instructions the Apple Converter manufacturer said to do .
    ==========================================================================================================
    Hi Joe . Disconnected for the mains and HDMI , plugged in the apple green out to the TV and powered up the apple , after a few seconds the Apple logo appeared for about 5 or 10 seconds then had a screen of interference , gave it a few minutes but nothing changed . Can't get the menu up ( can with the HDMI lead in ) to see if 576i is there because all I have is interference . The Apple book ( and apple menu ) only lists outputs 1080p , 1080i , 720p , 576p & 480p , this UK version must be different to the US one , I have only 5 choices of output but if I click to see the " How to change the Apple resolution video " on your website you show 8 , I haven't got the 576i in my list ?
    Richard
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)