in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-27-2008 2:06 AM by Keith Saunders. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-26-2008 7:03 AM

Beosound 3 - touchplate not responding!!

Today I should set the clock, but nothing happends when I touch any buttons

Anyone??

• 10-26-2008 7:21 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beosound 3 - touchplate not responding!!

I was told by my dealer that this is a common problem when I brought my BS3 in this week - it was switching off for no reason. Now the top plate doesn't always respond.

Take it back and they'll replace the top unit.

• 10-26-2008 7:24 AM In reply to

Unfortunately this seems a not uncommon problem and is usually due to damage to the connecting cable. A warranty issue as is a manufacturing problem.
  • 10-26-2008 7:46 AM In reply to

Peter :
    Unfortunately this seems a not uncommon problem and is usually due to damage to the connecting cable. A warranty issue as is a manufacturing problem.

Ok but no warranty left Sad

But do you think they replace it for free anyway?

• 10-26-2008 2:26 PM In reply to

mr_anders_son:

Ok but no warranty left Sad

But do you think they replace it for free anyway?

If it's a manufacturing/design defect (and even more so a common one), the companies can't usually wiggle out of responsibility even if the warranty is out (in the EU anyway). Equipment is supposed to have an expected lifetime, usually much longer than the warranty. Go and ask, I'm sure you won't have to pay the full repair cost, if anything.

-mika

• 10-27-2008 2:06 AM In reply to

As Peter says this apparently is quite a common problem and is caused by a flat cable from the top not been correctly handled/fitted when it was originally mounted during manufacture and is therefore almost certainly damaged. In particular the coated ends of this ribbon cable should not be touched with your fingers.

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)