in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-26-2008 4:35 PM by The Plumber. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-16-2008 5:24 PM

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

BV3-32 & Sky problem

My setup of Sky and BV3-32 has a strange problem. This has just started, and I have not changed anything at all. There is a strange humming noise which comes through the speakers of the BV3. This is mostly when I change channels on the Sky box. When the information box is on the screen. It does happen when watching sometimes, but always when changing channels. Has anyone else had this problem? Hopefully it is the Sky box but I want to make sure as I have about 6 weeks left on the waranty of the BV3.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 10-18-2008 9:25 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: BV3-32 & Sky problem

Bump.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 10-18-2008 10:35 AM In reply to

The first thing I would do is change the SCART lead.
  • 10-23-2008 5:21 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Peter :
    The first thing I would do is change the SCART lead.

Tried changing the SCART lead, but it was still the same. Just tried changing the Sky box, and really hoped that would be it. Waited for it to start up, and the problem is still there. Even tried unplugging the IR lead, and operating the Sky box with the buttons on the front. Still have the same problem. Think it may be time to contact my dealer, unless anyone else has any ideas?

CraigSmile

• 10-24-2008 4:02 AM In reply to

Craig,

I seem to get something similar when I use my Avant with Sky. When I press the DTV button and the link LED on the STB lead activates there is a buzz over the speakers. Not sure if its related but it could be I'm guessing.

A know problem with the STB cables perhaps?

Cheers

GUY

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 10-24-2008 4:30 AM In reply to

There is a recognised problem with earthing. You may need to earth the aerial connection - mine has an earth connection from the co-axial plug.
  • 10-24-2008 4:13 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Peter :
    There is a recognised problem with earthing. You may need to earth the aerial connection - mine has an earth connection from the co-axial plug.

Peter, is this the co-axial of the Sky box or the co-axial of you Avant?

CraigSmile

• 10-25-2008 4:57 PM In reply to

I have a BV3 with Sky+ and its been set up in its current position and working no problems for the last seven months. In the last two days when i select DTV to turn on the tele i get my picture but after 30 seconds or so, the screen brakes up, the sky box goes to stand-by and the BV reverts to TV (terestrial). Now when in TV mode, if i then turn the sky box on manualy (pressing the sky box button) the sky box stand-by light turns green, indicating the box is on (and it will stay on). Now when i again select DTV we get sky for around 30 seconds before the same happens.

Edited to add:- Even when the link room BV4002 has SAT selected the sky box goes into stand-by.

Any ideas?

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 10-25-2008 5:25 PM In reply to

Craig:

Peter :

Peter, is this the co-axial of the Sky box or the co-axial of you Avant?

CraigSmile

It is the terrestrial aerial - in my case between the Sky box and the V8000 . Was done when the system was installed by Windows - I was told that not earthing it often led to all sorts of problems.

• 10-26-2008 4:35 PM In reply to

My sky problem is solved Big Smile. For some strange reason i could get the sky info channel (998) to work without the box going into stand-by. So whilst on this channel i looked at my sky planner and found about 3 months of Eastenders on there (the misses 'honestly'). I deleted most things from the planner except a few episodes of 'Top Gear' and presto, no more sky box problems. How strange. Problem is when the kids find out its back it will be CBeebies all the time Huh?.

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)