in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-03-2007 10:57 AM by joff135. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-30-2007 12:34 PM

Hi Everyone!

Hi I am new here and I would like to say a big hello to everybody here.Big Smile

I own a beosound 3200 with those little pyramid speakers and it's a blinding system! ;-)

I did something a little daft last night.  I moved house on Saturday and I just unpacked my beosound last night, I then plugged my beosound in while it was laying face down on the table (oops) and then it decided it wanted to open it's little doors.  Obviously the glass went nowhere as the motor struggled to open them, and I heard a little clicking sound.  Now I have stood it up as it should be, and although the glass doors are working, I always hear a little clicking sound as they open, and just after they have closed.

I have considered giving the store in Cambridge a call, but I though that I would come on here first, to see if anyone else has done anything like this before and if so, how did they remedy the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help that you may offer me.

Bye 4 now, Paul.

• 08-30-2007 1:10 PM In reply to

Re: Hi Everyone!

Hi Paul welcome to BeoWorld Forum!

Actually as i do not have BS3200 i can't help you much. But asking your dealer what to do just to be sure can't be wrong  

• 08-30-2007 1:14 PM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

Hi Paul,

Welcome to BeoWorld Smile

I'm positive that you'll get advise / tips regarding the doors of your Beosound. 

Greetings,

• 08-30-2007 1:45 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

There are actually little cords and pulleys that operate your doors, with a little plastic cam that operates them i believe. I always shy away from repairs as i'd do better trying to repair something with my feet than hands... Indifferent

Doing what you unfortunately did may have put it out of synch so to speak, so it's a definite service center/dealer job i'm afraid.  Getting the pulleys right is something that an amateur will mess up almost every time!

Welcome to BeoWorld !!

Lee

Big Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 08-30-2007 2:50 PM In reply to

This will probably require a minor re-alignment of the doors/mechanisn but it is not a job for the feint hearted.

Good luck with the Cambridge dealer!!

Regards Graham

• 08-30-2007 5:35 PM In reply to

Hi Paul,

This should work!

With the doors closed, turn off the power supply so that they cannot open automatically. Then carefully prise the glass doors open (I usually use use my thumb nails at the top edge). When you slide the doors open you should feel some resistance at what looks like the natural extent of the travel and then with a little extra effort you should feel an little "clunk" as the doors open a little wider. Turn the power back on and after the usual 15 seconds, the doors should close normally et voila! all should be well again. Basically, there is a clever little clutch mechanism that prevents damage to the motor or mechanism when something happens along the lines of what you inadvertently did and you just have to reset it.

Failing that it will have to go back to Dr. B&O in Cambridge but you should be OK.

Cheers, Nick

Nick
  • 09-03-2007 10:33 AM In reply to

Hi again

I have tried what you suggested, thanks for that.  Unfortunately this did not solve the problem so I am going to contact my local dealer, but thanks anyway.

Cheers, Paul

• 09-03-2007 10:57 AM In reply to

• joff135
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • North Somerset, UK
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

Hi,

don't forget to check if the BS 3200 is still under warranty...normally 2 or 4 years depending what deal was out when you bought it...but don't mention how it happened and it would probably be a free repair? Just a thought!

joff

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)